Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Tommy Fury Living in Brother's Shadow, Maybe We'll Fight One Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: Tommy Fury Living in Brother's Shadow, Maybe We'll Fight One Day

Youtube star Jake Paul has now taken aim at cruiserweight prospect Tommy Fury, who is the younger brother of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury. Paul and Fury have been trading worlds on social media in the last few weeks.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One day...a long long time from now.

I don't see Jake Paul fighting a legit undefeated prospect type boxer...well ever lol. I mean even if Jake takes boxing super serious & attempts to make a serious run I don't see him wanting to fight a hungry young guy with some level of talent when he could just fight a washed name or washed ranked guy. Its doubtful Jake could even get that far if he wanted to although I certainly think its possible unlike most here. I just doubt he'd want to try cuz mofos got ADHD & its no easy task + takes years.

Comment

Jake is the only pro I know that hasn't fought a pro fighter
      GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        Jake is the only pro I know that hasn't fought a pro fighter
        This is the truest statement made on here. Jake is a farce. He has 0 intention of fighting a pro boxer. He hopes he can have a title fight just fall on his lap if he keeps beating basketballers and wwe wrestlers. What’s Next? Jake Paul VS tiger woods now that tiger has a bad leg AND Back!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          One day...a long long time from now.

I don't see Jake Paul fighting a legit undefeated prospect type boxer...well ever lol. I mean even if Jake takes boxing super serious & attempts to make a serious run I don't see him wanting to fight a hungry young guy with some level of talent when he could just fight a washed name or washed ranked guy. Its doubtful Jake could even get that far if he wanted to although I certainly think its possible unlike most here. I just doubt he'd want to try cuz mofos got ADHD & its no easy task + takes years.
          I wouldn’t call Tommy Fury an undefeated prospect. From what I’ve heard he’s a reality tv star. Check out the records of his opponents. He’s the British Jake Paul

EDIT - worse than I thought, three opponents who have never had a win, one of them with a record of 0-26-2 (how does he even have a license?)

Comment

Tommy Fury's opposition has 12 wins in almost 200 fights with 3 of them not having a single win between them.

At least Jake has the excuse of being a Youtuber that fell in love with boxing late. Tommy Fury is an embarrassment to the family name.

Comment

0-9
              0-11
              2-26-0
              0-26-2
              10-102-03

He calls Jake out & now is dismissing it saying Jake isn't legitimate. Like he or his opposition is.
              I wouldn't even call his opposition bums, with all due respect to them they aren't even worthy of being branded as bums.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

I wouldn’t call Tommy Fury an undefeated prospect. From what I’ve heard he’s a reality tv star. Check out the records of his opponents. He’s the British Jake Paul

EDIT - worse than I thought, three opponents who have never had a win, one of them with a record of 0-26-2 (how does he even have a license?)
                I'm not saying Tommy is the 2nd coming of Floyd Mayweather don't get it twisted. I'm saying Tommy is a guy who's from a boxing family, has a handful of legit amateur fights & has been boxing since he was 12. I'm not condoning his pro record 5 fights in vs the prospect field. Jake Paul isn't even fighting losing boxers & his amateur career consists of fighting KSI's lil brother, he's fighting guys who've probably never did or barely did legit boxing training/working out. And I don't think Tommy is a reality star who became a boxer, he's a boxer who became a reality star. It just happened super early in his pro boxing career so it might look like the former is true. I feel like Tyson is trying to sandbag Tommy into looking like less of a threat here with his public comments.

Bottom line is Jake won't be fighting a guy like Tommy anytime soon for sure & I'd even lean that into never if I was into futures betting.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  0-9
                  0-11
                  2-26-0
                  0-26-2
                  10-102-03

He calls Jake out & now is dismissing it saying Jake isn't legitimate. Like he or his opposition is.
                  I wouldn't even call his opposition bums, with all due respect to them they aren't even worthy of being branded as bums.
                  Have you seen Jake's record?

debut
                  debut

& next up is debut.

His amateur resume is even vs debut.

Hell half of his opponents are, or about to be in Ben's case, 36 years old starting boxing too lol.

Looking at the glass half full I guess you could argue Jake's taken 3 0's in 3 fights & working on doing so in his 4th, but looking at it as half empty idk that an 0 matters if a opponent never fought in a fight before.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Tommy Fury's opposition has 12 wins in almost 200 fights with 3 of them not having a single win between them.

At least Jake has the excuse of being a Youtuber that fell in love with boxing late. Tommy Fury is an embarrassment to the family name.
                    He's fought who he has fought under the stewardship of his father and Tyson. How could he possibly be an embarrassment to the people guiding his career?

Tyson has said that Tommy is a novice and having only fought 10 amateur fights needs to learn on the job. He has said himself that Tommy wouldn't stand a chance against a competent pro and needs more low level experience first.

Im pretty certain they won't fast-track him to World Champion in record time like AJ.

Comment

Working...
                    X