Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Braekhus: McCaskill Knows She Was Lucky Last Time; She's Nowhere Near My Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Braekhus: McCaskill Knows She Was Lucky Last Time; She's Nowhere Near My Level

By Keith Idec - Jessica McCaskill's championship belts were sprawled across the stage Thursday in Dallas. McCaskill won five of those titles from Cecilia Braekhus on August 15, when McCaskill became the first fighter to defeat the long-reigning women's welterweight champion. Braekhus still didn't give McCaskill much credit during a press conference to promote their immediate rematch Saturday night...
    [Click Here To Read More]

She was active as fook last time. She's probably gonna be active as fook again. If Braekhus ain't ready for that levels aren't gonna matter as much. Braekhus can't KO a gnat so activity like McCaskill gots is gonna make this another close fight I'd bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      She was active as fook last time. She's probably gonna be active as fook again. If Braekhus ain't ready for that levels aren't gonna matter as much. Braekhus can't KO a gnat so activity like McCaskill gots is gonna make this another close fight I'd bet.
      Yeah usually you would go with the better boxer in the rematch based on better timing, skills to adapt, etc.

But with female boxer not being able to hit hard and it being only two minute rounds, it's super difficult to overcome a volume fighter.

however, braekhus could make it easier for her if she just throws flurries and clinches to win a boring decision.

Mcnoskill really just fights on workrate. Super sloppy.

Comment

Braekhus fought a poor fight strategically last time, opting to engage McCaskill on the inside rather than maintaining distance and hitting her from the outside. Her age could well have something to do with not having the legs to keep staying on the outside, but they aren't actually miles apart in age, and I imagine the catchweight probably played a part. I thought Braekhus was hitting the cleaner shots, but did herself no favours by just standing there to be clonked by McCaskill. A lot of those were smothered shots, but the judges seemed to have counted them. Braekhus needs to control the distance if she is to convincingly win the rematch.

Comment

I enjoyed the last fight. McCaskill was a clear winner, landing the vast majority of the best punches. What I learned was that Braekhus is nowhere near as skilled as she thinks she is, quite limited really, but she has a good technique, that is often mistaken for having high skill, also limited power. I see Jessica winning again.

Comment

Working...
          X