Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellis: Benavidez Is Talking About All These Other Fighters, I'm Here To Cut That Sh-t Short

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellis: Benavidez Is Talking About All These Other Fighters, I'm Here To Cut That Sh-t Short

Ronald Eliis is well aware of his status as a massive underdog this weekend. That doesn't dismiss the fact that fights are settled in the ring and not on paper. It hasn't been lost on Ellis that his higher-profile opponent, David Benavidez (23-0, 20KOs) has discussed the division's elite throughout the buildup to their clash this weekend. The former two-time super middleweight titlist from Phoenix continues to discuss the likes of unified WBC/WBA super middleweight titlist Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (55-1-2, 37KOs), IBF title claimant Caleb Plant (21-0, 12KOs) and even WBC middleweight titleholder Jermall Charlo (31-0, 22KOs) who has discussed a move up in weight but has yet to act on such plans.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-11-2021, 06:44 PM.

I’ll have to watch this one on my iPad. The card that’s more intriguing is the Estrada / Chocolatito one.

Comment

Maybe Benavidez is looking past Ellis but I don't think it will matter much. Last time I saw Ellis fighting, he was getting lit up by the smaller Korobov until Matvey suffered another freak injury that forced him to retire from the fight (and possibly for good).

Ellis's best win other than Korobov was Aleem and most times I see him he doesn't impress. Just don't see him troubling Benavidez.

Comment

He is saying the right things but we've heard it before from overlooked challengers. Once he eats a punch or 2 we'll see where that heart is really at. Is he really coming to win? Or is he there for that paycheck like Yildirim.

Comment

Benavidez will win easily. I hope it's a good fight and Ellis has some resistance. But Benavidez will have no problems.

Comment

No doubt. David could fook up his ankle & we are talking about Canelo vs Ellis

Comment

Ellis is a guy thats hard to look good against. Benevidez needs to take this guy out because Benevidez is a thorn in PBCs side.

Comment

El Bandera Roja by TKO 7

Comment

Go Ellis. Try your best to embarass this cocaine guy...

Comment

The most exciting part of this fight will be the weigh-in! Will Benavidez make weight? How will he look if he does make weight?

Comment

Working...
                    X