Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ali-Frazier - 50th Anniversary: Jerry Izenberg Reflects On The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ali-Frazier - 50th Anniversary: Jerry Izenberg Reflects On The Fight

Jerry Izenberg doesn't hesitate when asked if we will ever see a night like the one that took place in New York City's Madison Square Garden on March 8, 1971. "No," said the Hall of Fame writer for the Newark Star Ledger of the first bout between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali, a 15-round epic that is as fresh in his mind today as it was 50 years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Jerry Izenberg doesn't hesitate when asked if we will ever see a night like the one that took place in New York City's Madison Square Garden on March 8, 1971. "No," said the Hall of Fame writer for the Newark Star Ledger of the first bout between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali, a 15-round epic that is as fresh in his mind today as it was 50 years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    —————

This line right here from Frazier “What the hell I gotta do to get outta that guy's shadow?’
    And he lived his whole life in it.”

This is exactly how Filipinos and PAC fans view Floyd. The difference is, Floyd beat their guy decisively. Floyd is the king of PPV event. Floyd retired undefeated. Floyd beat 19 world champions.
    Lastly, the toxic hate cannot be separated from one fact, Floyd is black hence the hate.

And yes, I’m fully aware that this article is about Ali and Frazier. Read that quoted statement to understand that it haunted Frazier to his grave. That’s how much it bothered abs mattered to him.

Comment

I wish i was back in time to see this rivalry man Rip to both of them man they will be missed

Comment

Working...
      X