Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Lands at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Lands at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

Triller Fight Club today announced that Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, will be the home for TFC's inaugural event of 2021, the April 17 boxing Pay-Per-View card headlined by Jake Paul and Ben Askren. This will be the first-ever fighting event at one of the most dynamic venues in the world, which was the home of Super Bowl LIII.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have no interest in this fight, not that they would care those in charge of this EVENT as it is being sold. Is it worth bringing up any of this talk ? So it becomes an event(they hope) and the event is the draw not the boxing card. The fights become secondary to all the noise and entertainment. Hey if that is what people want and boxing is just a word that Trilla is using for secondary purposes sobeit. I do not believe that boxing will be effected one way or the other good or bad, other then as a secondary way of selling the event. The only fear I have is IF boxing becomes so secondary that someone gets injured to the point of hospitalzation or worst death well then keep in mind MEDIA that this is an event OK? Has little to do with real serious boxing. I would not want boxing dragged thru it and fighters or boxing hurt in any way due to this or these events that are being set up.

Comment

not my cup of tea. something about these social media kids im not a fan of.

Comment

I mean...I'll watch it for Prograis vs Redkach and Lopez vs Kukamunga but I don't really care about the circus fights.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          I mean...I'll watch it for Prograis vs Redkach and Lopez vs Kukamunga but I don't really care about the circus fights.
          Lopez vs Kukamunga.

Comment

Anyone else fully expect Paul to beat Askren?

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
              Anyone else fully expect Paul to beat Askren?
              Yep. This is about as expected as canelo v yildrim was lol. Theres on going beef with tommy fury to fight Jake, id want to see that. Both same size and hand full fights between them. Tommy would beat him though. Be interesting to see if jake has any real interest in fighting a actual boxer. Both have big insta followers and thats all thats needed these days to make fights unfortunately

Comment

I picture this fight as Cotto vs Martinez. Askren twists/hurts an ankle or leg or something. He limps around until either a decisive KO or is a doctor stoppage between rounds. Askren had serious knee/leg surgery and hasn't done any real combat since then. Boxing requires way more mobility on one's feet than wrestling. When someone pushes Askren, he's going to get in awkward position and hurt himself.

Comment

Working...
                X