Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Stands Up For Women's Boxing In Monumental PPV Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Stands Up For Women's Boxing In Monumental PPV Win

It took about thirty seconds for Claressa Shields to have Marie-Eve Dicaire all figured out on Friday night. A quarter of the way through the opening round of their 154-pound title unification bout, Shields landed a counter right hand that bounced Dicaire's head back. In that moment, it was clear to Shields that whatever Dicaire threatened to throw, Shields could get off quicker, and more powerfully.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"What were the first men's pay-per-view numbers? Whatever they were, they didn't say oh, give up pay-per-view, they did another one, and another one. If it doesn't do good numbers, people are going to say bad things, right? Well, what do we call good numbers when women's boxing hasn't been on pay-per-view in 20 years,” said Shields on ESPN Daily. “If you don't like me, if you don't like my opponent, whatever the case may be, if you believe in women's equal rights, this is the time for you to play a part.”

A simple google search would tell you that the first Mens PPV fight was SRL vs Tommy Hearns and it sold incredibly. Had it flopped, they wouldn't have kept trying.

And just because I believe in equal rights doesn't mean I'm gonna be guilted to watch your BS. We will never hear the buys, but I'm willing to bet her purse is close to one of my paychecks.

Comment

Quite obviously she is an Olympic champion level talent who is head and shoulders above her competition. Other than Laila Ali, there is no female fighter who comes close

Comment

She's accomplished a good amount of things in boxing, and that takes something. I will say she came at a time when Women's boxing does not have as talented competition. I think her and a prime Ali is a toss em fight, and I believe if someone like Ann Wolfe who doesn't get the attention as other woman fighters because she was avoided like the Flu and wasn't a pretty girl, would knock shields senseless inside 6 rounds. That's why I have a problem calling her the GOAT, good fighter, but a product of her time and not ATG.

Comment

It will take more young ladies to become interested in being hit before women boxing can reach levels we hope for. I support Shields and what she's trying to accomplish however we just don't have enough women competing in the sport. As for talent their have been a few that we should recognized outside of Ali, Wolfe, and Shields in fact Christy Martin was mainstream back when she was fighting and was quite good too! The key will be more interest in the sport or it will slowly die.

Comment

I like Shields as a fighter but that's where it stops. I can't stomach the women's movement in a sport that keeps my mind off of the social justice crap going on. Leave it out and compete like everybody else. My fellow black people do the same....if they can't compete (or too lazy to compete) they bring up racism, inequality and all that other BS. Stop it.

How is it that women try so hard to unseat men in whatever they do in order to get credit for the same thing they're trying to discredit men for? If you're great at what you do, then do it. Race or gender has little to do with talent and the ability to draw supporters, but people milk it anyway. It's a built-in excuse...if women succeed, it had nothing to with men. If they fail, it's because of gender bias, inequality and all that other BS. Lol

As most know, men (who think they are or want to be women) are now able to compete in women's sports....and they're blowing women out with ease. I'm sure the complaints are coming sooner than later.

Women don't need protection, women aren't victims, and women's sports just aren't on par with men's sports but nobody wants to say it and hurt their feelings. Lol
            buge buge JTfloyd JTfloyd like this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              And just because I believe in equal rights doesn't mean I'm gonna be guilted to watch your BS. We will never hear the buys, but I'm willing to bet her purse is close to one of my paychecks.
              That's exactly what she (and all the other "feminists" in the media) are trying to do. Last time I checked, men don't have to guilt boxing fans in order to get them to tune in...because they're inherently worth watching...and women boxers aren't. If this low IQ broad actually believed in "equality", then she'd realize that equality of opportunity does NOT guarantee equality of outcome. She will never get Tyson, DLH, Mayweather, or Canelo money, because she'll NEVER be equal to them.
              Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Women's boxing sucks, sorry no one really has any interest in it.
                Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Quite obviously she is an Olympic champion level talent who is head and shoulders above her competition. Other than Laila Ali, there is no female fighter who comes close
                  Ann Wolfe?

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post

That's exactly what she (and all the other "feminists" in the media) are trying to do. Last time I checked, men don't have to guilt boxing fans in order to get them to tune in...because they're inherently worth watching...and women boxers aren't. If this low IQ broad actually believed in "equality", then she'd realize that equality of opportunity does NOT guarantee equality of outcome. She will never get Tyson, DLH, Mayweather, or Canelo money, because she'll NEVER be equal to them.
                    They do the same with their ****ty all female movies too. If your film was worth watching, I'd watch it. You won't guilt me into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X