No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ali-Frazier I: Meanings Beyond The Messages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ali-Frazier I: Meanings Beyond The Messages

Boxers live out the marshal creeds of their truths and lies, under the blinding limelight, at the knife edge of death's tragic enfolding, without recourse martyrdom or public restitutions for the exacting sum-totals of their entropic endeavoring. Champions in the boxing ring defy the odds and their own mortality. And, championship boxing is the supreme court of trial without mercy. With hard currency and showbiz sprinkled on top.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We look to the past for a great era of heavyweights.....this is exactly why Tyson can come back in his 50s and demand higher PPV than heavyweights of today in their primes. I’m glad to have seen men like Ali, Frazier, Holyfield, Lewis, Tyson, foreman, Holmes etc fight with my own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      We look to the past for a great era of heavyweights.....this is exactly why Tyson can come back in his 50s and demand higher PPV than heavyweights of today in their primes. I’m glad to have seen men like Ali, Frazier, Holyfield, Lewis, Tyson, foreman, Holmes etc fight with my own eyes.
      Incorrect. Times are different now. Tyson can do this because we live in the age of social media. in 20 years' time, Tyson Fury will be able to do the same thing. Btw, a prime Mike Tyson would not be a top 5 HW today, maybe not even top 10. Take off the nostalgia glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Incorrect. Times are different now. Tyson can do this because we live in the age of social media. in 20 years' time, Tyson Fury will be able to do the same thing. Btw, a prime Mike Tyson would not be a top 5 HW today, maybe not even top 10. Take off the nostalgia glasses.
        Tyson Fury even in the era of social media, has not really reach anywhere near the heights as Mike Tyson. There are people who can recite Tyson's story, who were not even born when he was fighting at his peak etc

Social media creates a illusion, everyone is a star these days. You probably know people with 1000's of followers on social media, local celebrities 'It is just a illusion'.

Mike Tyson was a Icon.

His fighting style, his character, story and legend.

Tyson Fury was named after Mike Tyson.

Nash out, I have told you before that you are spooked. You are spooked out for this up and coming Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-08-2021, 06:06 AM.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Tyson Fury even in the era of social media, has not really reach anywhere near the heights as Mike Tyson. There are people who can recite Tyson's story, who were not even born when he was fighting at his peak etc

Social media creates a illusion, everyone is a star these days. You probably know people with 1000's of followers on social media, local celebrities 'It is just a illusion'.

Mike Tyson was a Icon.

His fighting style, his character, story and legend.

Tyson Fury was named after Mike Tyson.

Nash out, I have told you before that you are spooked. You are spooked out for this up and coming Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight.

Correct. Mike Tyson captured the world attention by tearing through the division, beating other champions, defending titles, being the youngest ever to grab the title at that weight, commanding sold out crowds, high ratings and PPV sales....his legacy is established and that can’t be taken away by social media kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Correct. Mike Tyson captured the world attention by tearing through the division, beating other champions, defending titles, being the youngest ever to grab the title at that weight, commanding sold out crowds, high ratings and PPV sales....his legacy is established and that can’t be taken away by social media kids.
            If I really really wanted to, I am sure I could make a social media account and gain a few 100 thousands followers 'Give abuse out, do something outlandish' that is all there is to it etc

Everyone is a superstar these days, in the world of social media. Big deal.

Mike Tyson was and is a legitimate sporting Icon.

Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua are the top boxers of today, it is only really Manny Pacquiao & Floyd Mayweather of recent times who have broke through into Icon status.

Comment

Working...
            X