Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Frazier-Muhammad Ali I: 50th Anniversary Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Frazier-Muhammad Ali I: 50th Anniversary Stats & Stakes

By Cliff Rold - In April 2020, ESPN expanded its televised fight library with the first airing in more than thirty years of "The Fight of the Century" and addition to their available streaming content. No, it wasn't a hard fight to find in the age of YouTube, but it was great to see it fully, formally integrated into 21st century viewing options. On Sunday, ABC took it a step further.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Amazing that Ali was only 29. That time out of the ring really diminshed his fitness. Amazes me in the fight how close they are to each other, Ali just standing flat-footed right in front of him and trying to lean back out of the way of hooks, but often just taking them. Frazier's fitness and durability was incredible to keep advancing against such an accurate puncher -- and Ali's ability to keep going despite taking some huge punches was also incredible.

In the ABC show, I was also blown away by the clip from Cosell's Wide World of Sports, when Ali decides to wrestle Frazier to the floor.

Comment

I have been searching for this on Youtube since it was announced by ESPN.

Comment

Working...
      X