Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Called Jake Paul, Others Clowns; Now I Realize They're Bringing More Eyes To Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis: I Called Jake Paul, Others Clowns; Now I Realize They're Bringing More Eyes To Boxing

Regis Prograis is man enough to admit he was wrong. The former WBA super lightweight champion has publicly referred to Jake Paul and other YouTubers as "clowns," circus acts that are bad for legitimate boxers. Prograis realizes that he was shortsighted, that having inexperienced, popular fighters attract viewers who wouldn't otherwise watch elite-level boxers like him is great for the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yea, he used to be very critical of these YouTubers, now he's fighting on their undercards. Enjoy your pie.

Comment

Of course he's gonna say this, fighting on the kid's undercard.

Comment

They are clowns
        siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

He's right it is a circus but at least its bringing more attention to the sport. Also at least the YouTube fighters aren't using that 'who has he fought' excuse like the boxers are using today.

Comment

If boxing needs Jake Paul, then boxing has some serious problems.

Comment

Just like all the other bought and paid for sellouts of course he would big up his paymasters. No matter what they try to say they are cheapening and watering down the sport. I hope one of the youtubers gets ko'ed soon. Thats how we end this stuff
              siablo14 siablo14 kushking kushking like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                He's right it is a circus but at least its bringing more attention to the sport. Also at least the YouTube fighters aren't using that 'who has he fought' excuse like the boxers are using today.
                Why would they? They know they are not fighting real boxers. Ben Askren is a wrestler with a bad hip and no real boxing skill. You are acting like they are boxing legit boxers.

Comment

I'm always impressed by how intelligent, thoughtful & perceptive Regis is. He is totally opposite the 'dumb fighter' stereotype. I think a commentating career beckons after his ring career finishes, but I hope that is a few fights off (including a Taylor rematch).

Comment

While everyone sh.ts on these youtubers and exhibitions, i’ve always maintained that the main positive about it is that pro boxing gets more fans. It will not show right away, but it will show in the long run. Out of 20 million youtube fans, if even 1% end liking the sport, that is still growth. That is still 200,000 more fans than before.

I have zero interest in these exhibition fights. Well I watched Tyson-Jones. But I have no interest in these youtube boxers. But I would encourage them because of the fans they can bring. More fans=more eyes=networks putting on good fights because of the growth of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X