Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Seeks An Ann Wolfe-Vonda Ward Knockout Of Marie-Eve Dicaire...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Seeks An Ann Wolfe-Vonda Ward Knockout Of Marie-Eve Dicaire...

Claressa Shields wants to end her knockout drought in historic fashion Friday night. The three-division champion doesn't just want her first knockout in 3 1/2 years when she faces undefeated Marie-Eve Dicaire in a 154-pound title unification fight. Shields intends to replicate the most memorable knockout in the history of women's boxing - Ann Wolfe's fantastic first-round stoppage of Vonda Ward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know, unless she's on PEDs, I don't see Shields' punching power dramatically increasing. Maybe the dropping down in weight and fighting smaller fighters than earlier on her career will get her a few more stoppages.

She's a different fighter than Wolfe and the women's game is a little less uneven than it was back in the day. I ever Ward's fights and she had no business going against Wolfe. She was a brutal KO waiting to happen.

Comment

She's been blaming her lack of knockouts on everything but herself. She even made the excuse that mens boxing have longer rounds..smh She just has to accept that she lacks knockout power and she's no Ann Wolfe!

Comment

lol coming from a feather fist.. he might be the one who'll get k.oed.. i mean she..

Comment

I believe part of her problem is working hard and looking for the knockout, and I like her more than most and would never say anything negative that isn't true, but stick to your boxing, relax and land big shots very clean and more knockouts will come. I was a fan of John David Jackson back in the day also, but I have yet to see improvements in Claressa yet! I would like to see her with her good rhythm be more Pernell and less Holyfield working super hard but not always getting what you are trying or attempting to accomplish.

Comment

Not a good game plan! Yes Decaries doesn't have a high ko count, but she tougher and stronger than Shield realizes. Decarie won't simply go down or quit and that natural strenght can do damage in late rounds. If Decarie fights smart and uses angles at close range to compensate for her speed plus do some body work.. it could get interesting in the late rounds. (yes, Shiels has crazy cardio, but still)

Sheilds is the clear favorite, but those Quebec ladies are really good at power lifting, judo etc..don't count her out.

Comment

Clarissa has no knockout power whatsoever not in the same class as Wolfe she could fight Katy Taylor and still wont knock her out and different weights

Comment

Feather fisted Diva wants to floor Dicaire?. If anything Dicaire hits with more authority... And will definitaly be the bigger of the two on fight night... Upset coming, I tell ya !

Comment

I still say that Layla Ali still knocks her out! Come back for a quick pay day.

Comment

Working...
                  X