Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Smith-Vlasov WBO Light Heavyweight Title Fight To Be Rescheduled For April 10 On ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Smith-Vlasov WBO Light Heavyweight Title Fight To Be Rescheduled For April 10 On ESPN

Joe Smith Jr. and Maxim Vlasov won't have to wait too much longer to fight for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title. BoxingScene.com has learned that promoter Top Rank intends to reschedule the Smith-Vlasov fight for April 10 at a site to be determined. Smith and Vlasov were scheduled to fight February 13 at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas, but their 12-round, 175-pound title fight was postponed February 11, the day before they were supposed to weigh in, because Vlasov tested positive for COVID-19.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rooting for Smith on this one can't wait even though they should've still made vlasov fight the #4 contender. It would've been more even fight with both competing well we'll c what happens .

Comment

Interesting fight. I have had problems seeing Smith as world class, but this is a division that has need of some legit competitiors so a good win here puts Smith right in that category.

I love Beterbiev. Maybe not enough to get ESPN+, but I am excited he is back in the ring.

Comment

Good. Beterbiev takes care of his mandatory in 2 weeks, so hopefully an in house unification afterwards.

Comment

Working...
        X