Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Doubts Saunders Has The Power To Get Canelo's Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Doubts Saunders Has The Power To Get Canelo's Respect

Back in December, Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez dominated Callum Smith over twelve rounds to capture the WBC, WBA super middleweight titles in Texas. Smith, unbeaten at the time, was viewed as one of the best fighters in the division and Canelo handled him easily.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For as much as Canelo haters call him “flat footed” cement feet even though he has proven to be super fast and the opposite, when needed, or slick around the ring, Canelo PURELY focuses on breaking his opponents’ mind down by throwing missiles at arms, body, etc...

Comment

We all better enjoy canelo now while he’s active cuz we’re witnessing greatness and that doesn’t come along often.

Comment

You weren't at your best you only had one arm.
        But Floyd had no power. Respect the skills.

Comment

Seems like a fair assessment coming from a recent victim and he's probably right but no one , not even Canelo will like taking shots that can cut and bust you up and BJS as enough of them. For sure a huge task but although I don't see him being able to land enough to win I think he will be clever enough to make Canelo not look so out on his own and take him to a close points. If Canelo walks BJ down and stops him I'd be in awe.

Comment

Yes, Canelo has changed his style in recent years. He has gone from being a pure counter puncher to just a plain puncher. He will walk Billy Joe down and back him up all night long; If he decides to move and not throw enough punches, engage or trade punches with Ginger. Speed alone will not get the job done. Smith is right. You are going to have to display a very large set of cojones in order to hit Alvarez at some point to gain respect.
            Last edited by champion4ever; 03-02-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              All kinds of bad assumptions here. Are you implying Saunders is as skilled as Mayweather? Also, mayweather fought a pup version of Canelo. He wouldn’t beat today’s canelo, I guarantee it

Comment

Saunders is a fair amount better than Smith, I'll give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  As great as Pac-Man was in his prime, who in their right mind ranks him among the top three of all time? That is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post

All kinds of bad assumptions here. Are you implying Saunders is as skilled as Mayweather? Also, mayweather fought a pup version of Canelo. He wouldn’t beat today’s canelo, I guarantee it
                    No version of Canello beats Floyd. Period. He lost every round of the fight. I don't know how you think you can go from a shutout to winning. He was getting outboxed by Khan and Kovalev both. So stop with the bull****. Oh and he lost to GGG twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X