Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joel Diaz: Yildirim Never Recovered After Canelo Dropped Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joel Diaz: Yildirim Never Recovered After Canelo Dropped Him

Avni Yildirim's championship dream came to a close in three rounds. On Saturday night, the Turkish challenger was overwhelmed by Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez in their mandatory clash for the World Council and World Boxing Association super middleweight titles at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he stuck his gloves up for 9 minutes, never threw any real punches, took a good shot, fell down, collected his million dollars. job done

Comment

Joel should just stop wasting time with that guy. He was horrible.

Comment

Yildrim connected with one hook. He did far worst than I thought he was going to do. Now that reputation will stay with him the rest of his career.

Comment

this was a cash grab for both Joel and Yildirim. they had zero intentions on competing.

Comment

Joel "I'MA STOP IT!" Diaz.

Comment

Yildrim should have just gone for broke. I wish Joel Diaz would've urged him to fight right after the first round.

Comment

I disagree with Joel Diaz. While it's true that I wasn't there in the ring with Canelo but at the same time I know that Yildirim wasn't hurt. His real problem was that he was afraid of getting hurt; Which is why he quit. He could have continued. His problem was that he just didn't want take an asswhupping that's all. It's just as clear and simple as that. He lacked real balls to take an asswhooping. He took the money and ran. After that showing; He should never be allowed to fight on the internet, television or any other platform. Moreover, he shouldn't be allowed to fight on another boxing promoter's card again.

Comment

He was a deer in the headlights after Canelo threw his first couple punches. He couldn't see the shots coming and he froze up. Only human.

You and I would have done the same thing, which is why you don't typically throw a guy that's never beat a decent fight in there with the p4p #1.

Comment

Oh bullcrap. He was never a real threat before he entered the ring let alone being dropped. He was fine. It wasn't a devastating blow. He got right up, had his legs, was clear eyed. It was a dive him and his corner took. Forest got leveled 3 Times in the other fight. Had wobbly legs and that fight continued to a draw...

It. Was. A. Dive. He didn't throw any punches. A couple jab slaps. It. Was. A. Dive. He was the bigger guy regardless of skill for him not to at least come out swinging hoping for a punchers chance. Just a quick payday and his job was not to throw anything at canelo to jeopardize huring him. Once he went down that was the cue to call the fight and use that as an excuse that he couldn't go.

Comment

Working...
                    X