Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Enjoys Miami Vacation With Easy Stoppage Of Yildirim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Enjoys Miami Vacation With Easy Stoppage Of Yildirim

By Corey Erdman - In the week before their fight at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Canelo Alvarez and Avni Yildirim visited the venue for the first time for a photo shoot to promote the event. As is customary when fights occur in locations belonging to professional sports teams, each fighter was given a commemorative jersey with their name on it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ya cant blame Canelo for fighting Yildrim and honestly it looked like he went easy on him. I do blame the WBC though. Yildrim was 700 + days out of the ring and not anywhere near a top 10 super middle IMO. Its actions like this that can cause fighters to actually get hurt in the ring. NOBODY should take a knife to a gun fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
      Ya cant blame Canelo for fighting Yildrim and honestly it looked like he went easy on him. I do blame the WBC though. Yildrim was 700 + days out of the ring and not anywhere near a top 10 super middle IMO. Its actions like this that can cause fighters to actually get hurt in the ring. NOBODY should take a knife to a gun fight!
      Oh you can't blame Cinnabon? Bull ****. Canelo lobbied for this guy LAST YEAR and didn't get him. He wanted this exact person to be his mandatory. So yeah you can blame Redballs for lobbying a 44th ranked fighter who lost to be forced to fight.

Comment

Someone should tell corey that canelo is the boss at the WBC. How can you write an article about boxing/canelo and not know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Oh you can't blame Cinnabon? Bull ****. Canelo lobbied for this guy LAST YEAR and didn't get him. He wanted this exact person to be his mandatory. So yeah you can blame Redballs for lobbying a 44th ranked fighter who lost to be forced to fight.
          So Yildrim was forced to take a career high payday? Let's get it straight I'm no Canelo fan but he is putting in more work than ANYBODY right now. He is allowed a soft touch just like any other fighter on occasion and considering he is trying to unify 168 this year how is he to blame for giving Yildrim the opportunity of a lifetime? The WBC is to blame for that 1 IMO not Canelo. He is doing more for the sport right now than any 3 fighters combined and as I said I'M NOT A FAN OF THE GUY!

Comment

It's funny that non Canelo fans can't stop talking about Yildirim, when Canelo fans didn't even care about this bonus fight to keep the WCB belt to unifiy later this year.

These haters are pathetic and got nothing to say when the fighter they support fight Yildirims as their primary fight of the year.

Comment

He just beat up Turkey's no.1 fighter. Let that sink in...

Comment

Saw video of Canelo and Eddy Reynoso chilling in the yacht Sunday morning.

Living the dream.

Comment

Doesnt canelo have like 5 yachts now?

gotta give it up to him guy still stays hungry despite being filthy rich

Comment

The best thing for boxing is to stop talking about this farce, as if it was some noble slaying on the part of Alvarez. Truth is, it was such a sad spectacle, that the WBC President is actually apologizing for forcing this crap down the throats of boxing fans who wanted to see Canelo in a competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X