Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Demolishes Avni Yildirim in Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Demolishes Avni Yildirim in Three Rounds

By Keith Idec - MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Canelo Alvarez annihilated Avni Yildirim swiftly and predictably Saturday night. Alvarez, arguably boxing's best pound-for-pound, overpowered his overmatched mandatory challenger until Yildirim's trainer, Joel Diaz, stopped their scheduled 12-round fight after a one-sided third round. Referee Telis Assimenios stopped their scheduled 12-round bout just before the fourth round began in the main event of an eight-fight card at Hard Rock Stadium, home of the NFL's Miami Dolphins.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-27-2021, 11:26 PM.

February will have a golden ending this Saturday with the return of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, who faces Avni Yildirim at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida. The Mexican superstar will stake his WBA, WBC super middleweight titles. (photos by Ed Muholland)

It will be the first defense of the belts for Canelo, who defeated British boxer Callum Smith by unanimous decision in Dallas, Texas, last December 19th. A little more than two months apart, Canelo is already back in the ring.

Yildirim, a massive underdog, is a strong fighter with lots of grit who comes highly motivated to fight the one of the best with all the odds against him. Trained by Joel Diaz, he has made it clear that he has studied Canelo’s weaknesses and wants to surprise everyone.

The 29-year-old Turk, nicknamed “Mr. Robot”, has won five of his last six fights. Canelo has a record of 54 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws, and 36 KOs, while Yildirim has a record of 21 wins, 2 losses, and 12 KOs.

Comment

Nothing like a big night of fights.

i expect this to be a war while it lasts.

Comment

This undercard is absolutely terrible.

Interestingly, I looked at Matchrooms stable to see what Mexican or Mexican-American fighters Hearn could have put on this card and was shocked that he has essentially no Mexicans; Estrada and Canelo, that's it.

How the **** does Matchroom USA plan to make any impact on boxing in North America with no Mexicans?

Comment

This is probably the worst PPV card that's ever existed.

Comment

154429306_10158464070263564_1421347193953673635_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=bSM0pRVHnQEAX_Mp-sY&_nc_ht=scontent.fmia1-1.fna&tp=14&oh=551fd3fdeed04ee76bcef9e63141d5e9&oe=60610A04.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              This undercard is absolutely terrible.

Interestingly, I looked at Matchrooms stable to see what Mexican or Mexican-American fighters Hearn could have put on this card and was shocked that he has essentially no Mexicans; Estrada and Canelo, that's it.

How the **** does Matchroom USA plan to make any impact on boxing in North America with no Mexicans?

Estrada not on this card. Pacheco, Espino, Castro, Arroyo and the other guy, Aponte all Lat-Amer, and on this card.

Comment

I'm expecting something like Canelo/Kirkland. Looking forward to watching the prospects on the card. Disappointed we lost the Martinez/Arroyo fight

Comment

Isnt this the same dude that could barely beat Dirrell???? lmao this is a terrible fight for canelo smh
                  Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    This is probably the worst PPV card that's ever existed.
                    It's not good.

Only thing I'm really looking forward to on the undercard at all & in any way is Keyshawn Davis' pro debut & apparently Marc Castro is fighting a ex-UFC guy.

Hopefully something turns out to be fun doe. I'm rooting on the co-main or the HW fight becoming more fun than I'm expecting.

And Canelo is fun to watch hitting a bag so that's what it is as long as it lasts. Feel like this is a moral loss if Mr Robot sees the 5th round.

Comment

Working...
                    X