Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: I Think Benavidez Is Too Risky A Fight For Canelo; I Doubt It Happens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: I Think Benavidez Is Too Risky A Fight For Canelo; I Doubt It Happens

UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - David Benavidez was 16 years old the first time he walked into Abel Sanchez's gym in Big Bear Lake, California. Sanchez and Benavidez's father, Jose Sr., wasted no time putting the precocious prospect in the ring with Gennadiy Golovkin, who had just begun his meteoric rise in the United States. Of the roughly 20 sparring partners Sanchez used with Golovkin over their years together, Golovkin's former trainer considers Benavidez the fighter that gave Golovkin the best work.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I mean he’s not lying.

Comment

Abel Sanchez after ggg was lucky to get past Jacobs"Jacobs is too risky,I don't think Canelo would ever fight him hes hes too big & strong",then "Kovalev is too risky I don't think hes serious about beating him,hes just throwing names out",or my favorite "Canelo is a 7 rd fight for ggg & he knows that"

All due respect to Abel he got screwed over bigtime by Ggg & now has plenty of time to reflect in the mountains. (I hear ggg bought a big bear camp that makes Abels look like sht"

Comment

Should pit him against GGG @ 168... that would be a statement win if he could pull that off.. doubt it ever happens though

Comment

Clenbuterol vs. Cocaine!!! It will be massive fight. Abel should tell his guy to take more cocaine to win against clenbuterol hahahaha!!!

Comment

Abel clearly has brain damage. Canelo hasn't been a big puncher since leaving 168.

Comment

When Sanchez was complimentary towards canelo following the ggg rematch, Cult Canelo were on here talking about how Abel knows what he’s talking about and were spinning his comments to pretend that he said canelo deserved to win the rematch. Now watch how they go on the attack like defensive lovers protecting their significant other now that Sanchez says what’s obvious as it rebates to canelo not wanting to take the risk vs Benavidez and focus on the less risky fighters at 168. Bottom line, canelo would’ve never been talking about unifying if benavidez was still a champion at 168 just like he never would’ve dared to chase a title at 175 if Kovalev was the same guy he was heading into the ward fight.
              brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

I thought Canelo wasn't going back to 175.

Comment

It would be an exciting fight, but Canelo has a bit more in his arsenal I'd say. Still, it's better than the fights with Saunders and Plant, which aren't bad fights at all. Benavidez and Charlo at super middleweight would present greater challenges though.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    I thought Canelo wasn't going back to 175.
                    Hahaha, I see what you did there!

Canelo already got 2021 planned out and it remains to be seen how long Benevidez can stay at 168.

Comment

Working...
                    X