Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver To Fight Former UFC Heavyweight Champion On Paul-Askren Triller Card April 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver To Fight Former UFC Heavyweight Champion On Paul-Askren Triller Card April 17

The Magic Man wants to see if he has any tricks left in the bag. Former light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver will return to the ring at the age of 52 to fight former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir in a 10-round heavyweight boxing match on April 17 as a co-featured attraction on the Jake Paul versus Ben Askren fight on Triller pay per view in Atlanta.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a horrible decision by Mir. Mir has 13 losses in MMA & 10 of them are by KO. 3 of his last 4 fights in MMA he was KO'd.

Mir seems to think he can box, but he's had horrible outcomes in MMA since he's tried to do standup more. Hope he's getting paid enough in trade for the brain cells he'll be losing in 2 months.

Comment

the Paul brothers keeping boxing alive for casuals. damn shame. this sport sickens me sometimes

Tarver will call out Jake afterwards.. guaranteed

Comment

What a mess, can't say I will watch but they seem to have an audience for this kind of thing. At least Mir is a pro and has some boxing ability and not some youtuber.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This is a horrible decision by Mir. Mir has 13 losses in MMA & 10 of them are by KO. 3 of his last 4 fights in MMA he was KO'd.

Mir seems to think he can box, but he's had horrible outcomes in MMA since he's tried to do standup more. Hope he's getting paid enough in trade for the brain cells he'll be losing in 2 months.
          Yeah, when I read the article title I was hoping for a guy like Anderson Silva. At least Silva is awkward and rangy.

Comment

Ffs........

Comment

Sad an accomplished amateur and pro like Tarver fighting on the under card of a YouTube fighter.

Comment

Money talks!

Comment

Comments Thread For: Professional Charity Case Antonio Tarver To Fight Former UFC Heavyweight Champion On Paul-Askren Triller Card April 17

Comment

Why on earth would I believe Mir would stand with Tarver? I'm the only one who expects a dive or flop or some such similar? I assume Frank's going for some kind of take-down and sub game plan.

Anyone have anything from Frank on the fight?

Wouldn't it be something if Tarver could actually shrug off Mir or Mir actually knocked Tarver out? cool fight

Comment

Working...
                    X