Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker-Junior Fa Weigh-In Report From Auckland, New Ze...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker-Junior Fa Weigh-In Report From Auckland, New Ze...

The biggest fight on the New Zealand boxing calendar is officially one sleep away. Joseph Parker and Junior Fa are set to collide in their highly anticipated heavyweight showdown, which takes place Saturday evening at Spark Arena in Auckland, New Zealand. Both boxers took the fight seriously, offering trimmer and fitter physiques than was the case in their previous respective outings.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a rare fight with neither guy obliged to fight the other, being a risky affair for the loser.

I've always been a fan of Parker's work ethic, his willingness to travel, yet his efforts in the ring have often left me bewildered.

I've sensed that he's never quite settled into a style nor really taken the necessary risks to get opponents out of there - he can seem languid, content to just box and leave it up to the judges.

He's had some bizarre medical issues - a spider bite, most recently a reported operation to remove bone fragments from his elbows which was causing him pain when punching.

If this is true, then he will surely realise that if he is to make a second run at the title he's going to need to finish Fa in spectacular fashion - another 12 round close decision won't engender him to the fans.

Comment

I agree, Parker is very good yet he lacks something.

Comment

I am surprised Parker took this. Winner will get WBO title shot pretty soon.

Comment

igot parker stopping fa i think he is just too seasoned and classy should be fun while it lasts though

Comment

Fa not bothering to get in good shape then. cant say im surprised. mid/late TKO for parker...

Comment

Working...
            X