Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valdez Wants Big Fights, Rules Out Idea of Berchelt Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Valdez Wants Big Fights, Rules Out Idea of Berchelt Rematch

WBC super featherweight world champion Oscar Valdez not interest in a rematch with Miguel Berchelt. This past Saturday night, at the MGM Grand's Conference Center in Las Vegas, Valdez pulled off an unexpected outcome when he dominated and brutally knocked out Berchelt, who was heavily favored to win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was one-sided should move on. Berchelt should move up.

Comment

Bring on Stevenson

Comment

Shakur Next

Comment

I don't think many people would argue with what he is saying here. Even fans of Berchelt probably don't want a rematch. Unification fights, big thumbs up.

Comment

I hope there isn't some rematch clause.

I think Oscar was dominant & conclusive enough in his KO of Berchelt that this fight, with or without a rematch clause, doesn't really warrant a rematch. Said the same thing with the Fury vs Wilder II fight & this fight wasn't even is in the same realm in that regard.

Hearing many folks suggest Berchelt move up & thats probably not a bad idea. He's been at 130 for awhile & seems like he cuts alot of weight. I'd argue he should take 6mos, at minimum, to a year, preferred, off doe. That was a bad KO & I kinda hate it when guys come back too quick from bad KO's like that one.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 02-24-2021, 09:24 PM.
            Sweet_Science_ Sweet_Science_ likes this.

Comment

No rematch needed here. Forget the friendship. The strategy employed was specifically for Berchelt. They were in camp for a year for the fight.

Comment

Berchelt needs to move up to 135 honestly considering how big he rehydrated. Taking nothing away from Valdez incredible win but damn if you had to rehydrate that heavy clearly he was killing himself to make 130 and that was Berchelt problem not Valdez

Comment

Valdez and Shakur should fight next. Berchelt should move up and I'm not even sure if he should go to 135. I think its hard for hin to get there as well. He may need to just go to 140

Comment

loma would have already called Valdez out had he had any brains.

Comment

Working...
                    X