No announcement yet.

Murray-Thaxton For October 3; Macklin vs Asikainen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray-Thaxton For October 3; Macklin vs Asikainen

British and Irish Middleweight Champion Matthew Macklin believes that the All-Ireland hurling semi final clash between Tipperary and Limerick could be replayed in the boxing ring in the not too distant future. The Munster rivals meet at Croke Park this Sunday in a crunch decider for the right to meet Kilkenny in this years All-Ireland final. Tipperary fan Macklin believes another major all Munster clash could be on the cards in the ring should he lift the European Middleweight title in Manchester next month.

[details]

What about Barker-Macklin?

Thaxton still got the fight even though he lost.

Comment

Thaxton just lost to a guy who was 8-5-3.

To be honest though, Murray isn't much either himself.

Comment

Thaxton really should think about retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          Thaxton really should think about retirement.
          Thaxton should have thought about retirement in 07. Murray will bruise his way to a mid round KO, or cruise to a very comfortable UD on this one. I'd be willing to bet every one of my points on it. After this, it's time John steps up the competition insofar as his promoter enables him to do so.

Comment

This fight won't tell us anything about john murray! Thaxton has lost 3 of his last 4 fights. I don't understand why murray didn't go straight for the european title shot if he's been mandatory. I suppose its because this fight will draw abit of attention since it's an all-british showdown. Easy win for murray!

Comment

murray will win with a tko in about round 6. his pace and work rate will be too much. i can understand why he didnt go straight for the european title if he is mandatory challenger. he wants the lonsdale belt back which he wouldn't have lost is they weigh ins were ok. if he went and won the european belt he couldn't then challenge for the british title as people would mock him for not taking a good challenge. but if he wins the british title first and then lost in european title fight he would still have a belt to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
              X