No announcement yet.

Berto To Give Donation, Speech At Boys And Girls Club

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto To Give Donation, Speech At Boys And Girls Club

(WINTER HAVEN, FLA.) – Welterweight World Champion Andre Berto (Winter Haven, Fla.) has enjoyed a meteoric rise to the top of the boxing ranks in his five years as a professional, but the 2004 Olympian hasn’t forgotten his roots. He will return to the Citrus Center Boys and Girls Club on Friday, July 24 to make a $10,000 donation, and give a pride talk to the youngsters in attendance.

“The Boys and Girls Club was like a second home for me as a kid. I want these kids to see that if they work hard enough, they can make their own dreams come true, just like I have,” Berto said. “I have been blessed through boxing and I want to share some of my blessings with the Boys and Girls Club and Polk County.” [details]

Good lad Berto. This is money ripped away from the fans anyway. Major paydays for fighting a blown up limited guy in Urango? Hatton already outboxed Urango. Berto still managed to make it one of the most dismal fights I have EVER seen. DISGRACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
      Good lad Berto. This is money ripped away from the fans anyway. Major paydays for fighting a blown up limited guy in Urango? Hatton already outboxed Urango. Berto still managed to make it one of the most dismal fights I have EVER seen. DISGRACE.
      Good God. The man is making a contribution to the community and you are bashing him? Okay, you're not bashing FOR making the contribution, but you're still bashing him. I am sure that the kids he's donating to are not from households spend frivolously, and if they are, it's their parents' fault and not theirs'. So, he's redistributing money at worst. As for his performance I agree that it was not a good one, but it was not a 'disgrace' either. He's a nice guy who I am not really impressed with. That's it. No reason to crap all over him.

Comment

wow

This berto is a stand up guy. I didn't like him at first but he impressed the hell out of me with the Urango win. He seems to be improving.

Comment

thats a nice touch from the foreheaded one.

(the urango win wasn't that bad)

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
            (the urango win wasn't that bad)
            Worst fight I've seen this year.

Comment

Working...
            X