No announcement yet.

Take a Lesson from the Greats: The Comeback of Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a Lesson from the Greats: The Comeback of Hatton

In December of 2007, the bell for the tenth round clanged and Ricky Hatton exploded out of his corner and attacked Floyd Mayweather Jr. Near the one minute mark, Hatton winged his mighty left hook back in a wide arch while dipping his right hand to chest level. Mayweather saw the telegraphed punch, planted his feet and hurled a short, jolting left hook into the right side of Hatton’s face. Hatton toppled over, rammed his forehead into the padded ring post and then fell to his back. He got up on unsteady legs. Mayweather charged in. Two more left hooks and it was all she wrote. Hatton lost for the first time. [details]

It's great the author has 3 examples of fighters coming back. How about the excess number of fighters who have been on top & then been ko'd twice & that haven't been the same. I don't consider Hatton a great fighter. Good, some may say very good, but definitly not great.

Comment

Ricky Hatton great.........pardon me:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hatton is a tough guy. He's accomplished some good ****, but he ain't gr8.

Comment

no disrecpect to ricky but hes not great. hes a class = B fighter

Comment

Hatton have the guts to be great but not sure if he can still make it. His style alone increases his mileage every fight. But he needs that style as his arms are short ... a clear advantage for any technical boxer. IMO, he overachieved more than anything. Props to the guy.

Comment

AMAZING ARTICLE very well written...you people write hatton off way too easily he is an AMAZING fighter with great heart, power, and attitude toward his fellow man...he never ducked or dodged anyone brought his best with every challenger...fell short among the TWO BEST fighters in the world which is nothing to scoff at i hope he'll be back and as GREAT as ever

Comment

GREAT?!?!? .....hold on..... ........yea right!!!

Comment

great? lmfao.............

Comment

another thing...what is it that everyone HATES about hatton? like seriously i dont get it hes an AMAZING guy a GREAT fighter didnt dodge any fighters...whats there not to like about a fighter like that

Comment

Working...
                    X