Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is The Next Big Scottish Hope in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is The Next Big Scottish Hope in Boxing?

By Craig MacKay - Scotland boasts a proud boxing tradition, with famous Scotland-born fighters Ken Buchanan, Benny Lynch and Jim Watt all holding legitimate world titles during their respective careers. In recent years, Scotsmen Scott Harrison and Alex Arthur have held the WBO title at featherweight and super-featherweight respectively. [details]

Wee Shuggy fae doon tha road.

Comment

come on the scots !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Kenny Anderson looks like a real talent, was sorry to hear about his troubles with the law.

I'm not sure about McEwan yet. He's still developing though so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Comment

Arthur's supposed to be looking strong at lightweight.I missed his last fight. Got the start time mixed up . Looking forward to see where he goes.He's supposed to look after himself in between fights so hopefully he's got a few year left even tho he's 31.Look at Campbell for example. Would like to see Arthur boxing at that age.He said his goals are a 3 weight world champon. Boxrec have Appelby scheduled against Oleg Yefimovych in the Ukraine for October 3rd.Think it's a dangerous fight for him obviously because i've read it's dodgie in the European countries , scoring , refing and home advantage for the Ukranian of course.McEawn I think has a decent chance as well because of his camp and trainer.Probably would be a brilliant move for Appelby if he done something like that.Young boxer of the year and that.

Comment

i feel we have kind of been the "almost" poeople when it comes to boxing...scottish boxers never quite seem to get there...LOL

i guess were just ****e, like the english say we are! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post
                i feel we have kind of been the "almost" poeople when it comes to boxing...scottish boxers never quite seem to get there...LOL

i guess were just ****e, like the english say we are! :-)
                Don't be so negative mate !

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
                  Don't be so negative mate !
                  its true though!!!

Comment

Craig mcewan is our top prospect, kenny anderson is another, all charges against anderson have been dropped.

Alex looks strong at lightweight so be interesting to see what he does at his new weight.

Appleby needs to get away from stevie mcguire and tommy gilmour if he plans on going far in this sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X