Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is The Right Choice For Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is The Right Choice For Wladimir Klitschko?

By Troy Ondrizek - Wladimir Klitschko’s recent destruction of Ruslan Chagaev finally gave the WBO/IBF champion and the rest of the heavyweight division some closure. He is now the definitive champion at the weight. One of the reasons it took so long for a linear champion to be crowned, and one of the reasons nobody cares about the heavyweights, is because of the dearth of talent. Though a lot of questions were answered regarding the division on the 20th of last month, there is one important question still lingering, who is most deserving of a title shot now? The best answer to that question (older brother Vitali Klitschko) is not even an option. [details]

Any of that lot would do, although IMHO only Povetkin and Haye have decent chances of beating Wlad (although Wlad would still be favourite) and Haye needs another fight first. Arreola might get lucky, but I can't see him being lucky enough to survive the inevitable rematch. Valuev's people will never let him near Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
      Any of that lot would do, although IMHO only Povetkin and Haye have decent chances of beating Wlad (although Wlad would still be favourite) and Haye needs another fight first. Arreola might get lucky, but I can't see him being lucky enough to survive the inevitable rematch. Valuev's people will never let him near Wlad.
      Why wouldn't Sauerland let Valuev near Wlad? There trully is no options for them to make money off of Valuev. They don't like Ruiz is Europe either and most top heavyweights are trying to fight Wlad and not Valuev because Don King is involved with Nikolai. Kolya isn't a draw anymore and he needs Wlad to earn money, and Sauerland knows that. it's time to cash in on the giant.

Comment

Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
        It's time to cash in on the giant.
        Fair point. I'll go with Wlad as a final fight for Valuev, and it would be a big earner despite being a candidate for potentially the most boring HW fight of all time. 50,000 or so watching just on the off chance Wlad can knock the big guy over prodding each other to stay awake...

Comment

This column should have been labeled as an "opinion" piece. Hopefully this guy isn't on boxingscene's payroll. Gramtical errors are rampant through the whole piece and it didn't flow. J.K. Rowling has written more sophisticated material than this. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Only fights that matter for the K bros are Haye and Val. Maybe Arreola, cuz he's a fan friendly fighter. If Wlad ain't fightin one of these guys, do the Povetkin mando and decide who's next after that.

Comment

Why wouldn't Sauerland let Valuev near Wlad? There trully is no options for them to make money off of Valuev. They don't like Ruiz is Europe either and most top heavyweights are trying to fight Wlad and not Valuev because Don King is involved with Nikolai. Kolya isn't a draw anymore and he needs Wlad to earn money, and Sauerland knows that. it's time to cash in on the giant.
              Isn't it obvious? They don't want Valuev to get his ass kicked.

Comment

retire....please

Comment

Why wouldn't Sauerland let Valuev near Wlad?
                  Isn't Don King in charge of Valuev?

Comment

I don't have to say much other than EVERYTHING I've said since I joined about the division & the boxers he's talked about I've been saying since I joined in January! He is right on the money with this entire article...great article,actually the best article I've read since I joined.this guy is on the same wave length with me.it's almost like he reads my mind.AWESOME article especially about the legacy.

Comment

Working...
                    X