No announcement yet.

Minto To Face Holmes, Hires Roach as Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minto To Face Holmes, Hires Roach as Trainer

During his recent appearance on Ten Count Radio with Keith Terceira, heavyweight Brian Minto announced that Bruce Seldon is out of the fight with him in Butler, Pennsylvania on August 14th. [details]

just like chapman,I have never heard of holmes.wow! Freddie roach is training brian minto? He is an action midcard fighter(remember his war with maddalone)who might makes some significant improvements with roach training him.I'll be keeping my eye on him a little more now.this is quite the shocker!

Comment

this is a much better fight for Minto. Holmes is largely unproven and has needed a fight like this for the longest time. Kudos for Minto for landing this fight. Tom Yankello is not a bad trainer, but of course Freddie Roach is better. Thing is though, Minto is who he is, no matter who trains him. He will bore into his opponent, fight on the inside and not move his head enough. He lacks some pop, but has enormous heart. The man will always be a handful for better skilled fighters, until they realize they have heart as well, and their skill will then carry them over him. Holmes, though, isn't one of those guys.

Comment

Good to see Donnell finally getting a chance to be on TV and make a few dollars.

He's been trying for several years to get into a bigger fight, and he's been having trouble making enough money to continue his boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
          Good to see Donnell finally getting a chance to be on TV and make a few dollars.

He's been trying for several years to get into a bigger fight, and he's been having trouble making enough money to continue his boxing career.
          It's gonna be on TV?

Comment

So exactly how many fighters does Roach train now? 100?

When does this guy find time to take a **** is what I'm wondering. Seriously.

Comment

Brian Minto, who cares

Comment

Faruq Saleem, JD Chapman, David Rodriguez, and Donnell Holmes. The undefeated unknown bunch. If any of them were as good as their record indicates then they would have a title by now. Travis Walker, Chazz Witherspoon, Alonzo Butler, and Eddie Chambers use to be there but they started fighting dudes who were decent and couldn't hang wit em. Out of the aforementioned Fast Eddie Chambers is the man. Kevin Johnson could be and his big shot is bout to come soon here.

Comment

You give boxing a bad name

Brian Minto- Are you even serious? Congratulations on contributing to the reason why boxing has such a bad reputation! It is my understanding based on watching you over the years and reading your articles that Tom Yankello is the major reason why you are where you are today. You even said it yourself that he is the best trainer. So what now, because your manager is having trouble getting you big payday fights in the US you decide to change trainers? Is this a scam or what? It sure looks like it considering you won your last fights under Yankello. The best part is you actually think dumping your long time loyal trainer for Freddie Roach will get you bigger paydays? LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X