No announcement yet.

Ultimate Rainy Day: Top 5 Modern Fight Cancellations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Rainy Day: Top 5 Modern Fight Cancellations

By Adam Narat - Broken bones, gashes, sprains, strains, infections and so forth, the list of injuries a professional boxer can sustain before he gets in the ring are many, examples of these injuries are countless. We’ve come to love the sport of boxing through it’s refusal to be calculable, it’s sheer unpredictability. Of course this is a two-way street and too many mouth-watering bouts have been shot down by one of the combatants receiving injuries in training before the final road to the ring could be trod. Many fights too have been shot down by factors irrelevant to the fighters physical conditioning. Money, disaster, boxing politics, rape charges! Sheer unpredictability. [details]

yeah hopkins trinidad was the ultimate downer.

Comment

First of all, none of those were actual cancellations as all of those fights eventually happened.

And what about Castillo-Corrales 3? The grudge match for the greatest fight of all time, called off permanently just 24 hours before fight time

And why the FUK is your name "rape"? Could you honestly come up with nothing better?

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
        First of all, none of those were actual cancellations as all of those fights eventually happened.

And what about Castillo-Corrales 3? The grudge match for the greatest fight of all time, called off permanently just 24 hours before fight time

And why the FUK is your name "rape"? Could you honestly come up with nothing better?
        One guy died. If Corrales was alive both of them would be at 147 so who knows what could have happened if he lived.

Comment

Originally posted by rape View Post
          yeah hopkins trinidad was the ultimate downer.
          Yeah, I was and still am a Tito fan. I know the world was going downhill at that time. I remember that Tito was going throught some drama with his old lady to. Who knows what would have happened if that fight went off on time. Still, I can't take anything away from B-Hop who gave my boy Tito and ass whoopin. At least Tito never backed down from the fight.

And by the way, I'm gonna stop going to my normal **** sites coz the **** you guys putting up on these blogs are smokin'!

Comment

Working...
          X