No announcement yet.

J.D. Chapman: Sold to DKP, Challenges David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D. Chapman: Sold to DKP, Challenges David Haye

In the middle of thunder and quarter size hail, undefeated heavyweight John David Chapman broke his silence in an exclusive to BoxingScene.com and announced that his promotional contract with Scott Hirsch and Hirsch Borao Promotions has been transferred to Don King Promotions. [details]

Champman sounds like a decent guy with a good head on his shoulders. He has had the misfortune of dealing with some of the biggest ****s in the business on both the training and promotional ends.

That being said he isn't a very good fighter and nowhere near the top-15 as far as I can tell.

The only reason Haye wanted to fight Chapman is because Chapman, quite simply, was the very worst Heavyweight that met the "top 10" demand of Haye's heavyweight deal with Setanta.

Comment

Hopefully JD Chapman can find a decent promoter like Goossen, instead the likes of Don King and Scott Hirsch.

Haye wanted him for being the easiest ranked opponent, so that tells us how much of a warrior Haye really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
        Hopefully JD Chapman can find a decent promoter like Goossen, instead the likes of Don King and Scott Hirsch.

Haye wanted him for being the easiest ranked opponent, so that tells us how much of a warrior Haye really is.
        haye wanted him cuz hes fit, undefeated and tall.

Comment

I've never understood (the business side) why in some cases promoters/managers sideline their fighters for prolonged periods of time. Chapman is a fringe contender but with proper matchmaking he could land some big fights and possibly an eliminator or title shot (if Ray Austin can do it..). However, keeping him inactive isn't going to land him these fights. Same thing with hw Mike Mollo; he's about on Chapman's level but fights few and far between...

Comment

Can someone enlighten/humor me?..

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              I've never understood (the business side) why in some cases promoters/managers sideline their fighters for prolonged periods of time. Chapman is a fringe contender but with proper matchmaking he could land some big fights and possibly an eliminator or title shot (if Ray Austin can do it..). However, keeping him inactive isn't going to land him these fights. Same thing with hw Mike Mollo; he's about on Chapman's level but fights few and far between...
              Think Chapman got more talent then Mollo. Mollo is a said and done case in the division and I had high hopes for him. Bottom line wit Chapman is that he's only 26 years-old and 29-0, have seen some videos of him and he's a real raw talent ya kno? Powerful though and if he wants to fight Haye he should shake off some ring rust before doin that cuz dude hasn't fought in a lonng time.

Comment

If I was Chapman's handlers, if the price was right, I'd set him up to fight Haye. If not, I'd get Chapman back into the ring ASAP, as he hasn't fought in over a year...

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post

Oh my God you talk so much ****, Haye is gunning for both your boys, who are by far the best in the division! Hayes resume after 23 fights >>>>>Wlad or Vitali's resume after 23 fights!!

Comment

Originally posted by halford_saints View Post
                    Oh my God you talk so much ****, Haye is gunning for both your boys, who are by far the best in the division! Hayes resume after 23 fights >>>>>Wlad or Vitali's resume after 23 fights!!
                    Haye knows Vitali has a mandatory and cannot fight him, otherwise he wouldnt have the sack to even whisper his name.

Comment

Working...
                    X