Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was David Haye Sidelined For Klitschko by Finances?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was David Haye Sidelined For Klitschko by Finances?

Early this morning reports were surfacing that Setanta founders Michael O'Rourke and Leonard Ryan were in talks with an unidentified investor hoping to raise the 82.5 million dollars they need to stay afloat. [details]

I saw an article with an interview with Haye and Booth were they explained in detail what the injury was and he needed an injection into his spine and had to go for physiotherapy for at least another two weeks after that, why would he go through all of that if it was money problems In the interview it also stated that Haye was shadow boxing when his back suddenly went out and it took him over 20mins just to get in the car to go to the hospital, plus Setanta had already ring fenced that money so Haye would have been paid, even if they had gone under Haye would have most likely found Sky more than willing to pick up the fight. Setanta have been in trouble for some time there business model was poor and they over stretched them self’s. I don’t believe this article.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Early this morning reports were surfacing that Setanta founders Michael O'Rourke and Leonard Ryan were in talks with an unidentified investor hoping to raise the 82.5 million dollars they need to stay afloat. [details]
      Interesting article - it explains a lot.

David Haye must be close to broke by now.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post

Why would he be close to broke now? what you think all the money he made from other fights has just gone!

Comment

It explains nothing as the money was ring fenced, Setanta put a lot of money into promoting this.

Comment

thats new a negative post about haye by tunney

Comment

Ring Fenced

You can Ring Fence a purse but you can not ring fence a percentage of a broadcast that doesn't happen.Would Sky or anyone else have agreed to the same terms and cut as Setanta did...

Bankruptcy or “Administration” as Setanta calls it would have negated the contract or contracts that Haye signed with them including anything that was supposed to be ring fenced

DEF; ringfenced funds, that may only be used for a previously specified purpose

Except what if the funds are not there or company is no longer solvent…
              Last edited by KTerceira; 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

If this report is true the Klitschkos should never enter into a contract with Haye again. How's the saying go? Fool me once- shame on you; fool me twice shame on me...

Comment

Originally posted by majestiC View Post
                  Why would he be close to broke now? what you think all the money he made from other fights has just gone!
                  But he's fought only once in the past 15 months, and the venue didn't sell out.

He didn't make very much money for that Barrett fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    If this report is true the Klitschkos should never enter into a contract with Haye again. How's the saying go? Fool me once- shame on you; fool me twice shame on me...
                    It shows Haye is an untrustworthy *****.

I agree, the Klitschkos shouldn't do him a favor by letting him have voluntary defense, they should make him earn his shot by fighting Arreola or somebody in an eliminator.

Comment

Working...
                    X