No announcement yet.

Mia St. John Launches Multi-City Book Tour in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mia St. John Launches Multi-City Book Tour in NYC

June 9, 2009 (Los Angeles, CA)-A pioneer of women's professional boxing whose career has spanned more than a decade, Mia Rosales-St. John literally fought her way to the top. On the tenth anniversary of her Playboy ****zine cover, the two-time WBC champion is more fit and healthy than ever.

In her newly released book, "The Knockout Workout: 3 Winning Steps to Improve Your Body and Your Life," (Wiley, $24.95) Mia uses her experiences as a fighter, champion and single, working mother of two to empower women to take control of their food and body issues and live their healthiest, happiest lives. [details]

I don't know about her being a "pioneer of women's boxing" but she was the first to pose in Playboy. Still, I feel she set women's boxing back by taking the emphasis off the fighting and putting it on looks. She kinda opened the door in a lot of ways to the objectification of females in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      I don't know about her being a "pioneer of women's boxing" but she was the first to pose in Playboy. Still, I feel she set women's boxing back by taking the emphasis off the fighting and putting it on looks. She kinda opened the door in a lot of ways to the objectification of females in the sport.
      Wow...........

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
        Wow...........
        Ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
          Wow...........
          It was kinda like the 30 ton elephant sitting in the room. It doesn't sound right but it's true. I don't know too many female fighters that feel otherwise with her.

Comment

It was kinda like the 30 ton elephant sitting in the room. It doesn't sound right but it's true. I don't know too many female fighters that feel otherwise with her.
            Foxy Boxing on Showtime late night wasn't half bad.

Oil wrestling was better though....LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Foxy Boxing on Showtime late night wasn't half bad.

Oil wrestling was better though....LOL.
              Was this foxy boxing evidence of Mia St. John's influence on women's boxing?

Comment

Was this foxy boxing evidence of Mia St. John's influence on women's boxing?

Foxy boxing was pretty awful but at least they were scantily clad.

Not so for regular bad women boxers.

Comment

Working...
                X