No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko is better off Fighting Ruslan Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko is better off Fighting Ruslan Chagaev

At first, we felt deprived. As the much anticipated bout between England’s David Haye (22-1, 21KO) and Ukraine’s Wladimir Klitschko (52-3, 46KO) was called off due to a back injury suffered by Haye. It was the most talked about heavyweight fight since Lennox Lewis left the sport. The brash British banger who now lives in Cyprus walked around with magazines and t-shirts imprinted with his picture holding Wlad’s severed head. Those acts enflamed the Klitschko brothers and helped set up the feud between them and Haye. David knows that playing the heel will draw the ire of fans and his potential foe, but it also makes the money and creates buzz around the fight. So when the former cruiserweight champion of the world pulled out of the fight yesterday, many claimed he was a coward, including Wladimir himself, but why give up a HUGE payday and a chance to become the top heavyweight in the world? [details]

I'd want a refund on the tickets(if I bought a ticket to the fight) if Chagaev is the replacement just by his last fight he looked like an utter joke moving extremely slow and had a close battle against a fighter I don't even know. I think Chagaev is sick, i don't even know how he is allowed to fight anymore.

Comment

I think this fight will be a good one. It dont have the Hype. But maybe we can get a good fight out these two.

Comment

Hell, I'd be happy as anything to see Wlad obliterate this worthless piece of ****. If that's what he has to do in order to be recognised as undisputed champ, then so be it. I just find it a shame that Vitali will still keep hanging on to that one final (WBC) belt instead of facing lil bro...

Comment

Wlad is better off waitin' for Haye to get rid of the butterflies.......its easy to say he should fight Chagaev but hard for somebody who bought a ticket for this fight on the 1st day tickets went on sale.......this is phucked up!!!........

Comment

I keep forgetting - if he fights someone now or in July (and wins), he still has to defend the IBF belt against Povetkin in September, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              Wlad is better off waitin' for Haye to get rid of the butterflies.......its easy to say he should fight Chagaev but hard for somebody who bought a ticket for this fight on the 1st day tickets went on sale.......this is phucked up!!!........
              Get your refund ready, because I have a feeling its going to be Chagaev.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being Wladimir vs Ibragimov II.

Another awkward southpaw for Wladimir, perhaps he will get better with experience and finish the fight early...

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Hell, I'd be happy as anything to see Wlad obliterate this worthless piece of ****. If that's what he has to do in order to be recognised as undisputed champ, then so be it. I just find it a shame that Vitali will still keep hanging on to that one final (WBC) belt instead of facing lil bro...
                  You're a worthless piece of ****.

Chagaev is the Undefeated REAL WBA Heavyweight champion. he has a good resume, clear cut wins over Valuev, Ruiz, Virchis, Skelton, Drumond, etc. And he has a great chin, never been down. Stylistically, Chagaev is a more difficult fight for Wlad. He is a tough as nails crafty southpaw with good power. Haye is orthodox, keeps his left hand too low and has a glass chin, he's tailor made for Wlad.

Haye is a coward, he bitched out.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Ruslan Chagaev on June 20th

Make it happen!!!
                  Last edited by Klitschko2011; 06-05-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post
                    You're a worthless piece of ****.

Chagaev is the Undefeated REAL WBA Heavyweight champion. he has a good resume, clear cut wins over Valuev, Ruiz, Virchis, Skelton, Drumon, etc. And he has a great chin, never been down. Stylistically, he is a tougher opponent than the glass chinned Haye.

Haye is a coward, he bitched out.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Ruslan Chagaev on June 20th

Make it happen!!!
                    In the last two years since he won the heavyweight title from Valuev, Chagaev has done nothing but hold back the division. It's unfortunate but true.

He has had 2 fights in two years, and has looked mediocre in both.

I'm not terribly excited about this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X