No announcement yet.

Adamek vs. Gunn To Happen, July 11 in Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek vs. Gunn To Happen, July 11 in Newark

In his second defense of the IBF cruiserweight crown Tomasz Adamek will face Bobby Gunn on July 11 at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Contracts are expected to be signed next week. Comcast will televise the fight. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    In his second defense of the IBF cruiserweight crown Tomasz Adamek will face Bobby Gunn on July 11 at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Contracts are expected to be signed next week. Comcast will televise the fight. [details]
    ****, Adamek is my boy but couldn't they come up with a better opponent than that. What happened to the Godfrey fight? This guy is Enzo Mac leftovers isn't he? What a bull**** fight.

Comment

So I wonder how much money Adamek is going to make from this fight. I'm willing to bet not as much as he would have against Hopkins

Comment

HELL ya im going with my polish buddy ****s gonna be nuts

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          So I wonder how much money Adamek is going to make from this fight. I'm willing to bet not as much as he would have against Hopkins
          This is not a competitive opponent for Adamek but the blame needs to lay on B-Hop's shoulder for that fight not happening. Dude priced himself out.

Comment

Showtime refused to televise Johnson-Adamek, then ShoBox turned down Godfrey-Adamek.

So now Adamek has no choice but to fight a journeyman like Gunn. In years to come, the haters will criticize his resume, without knowing the whole story.
            Last edited by The Hammer; 05-23-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

its official adamek is ducking hopkins. turns down a big payday to make peanuts fighting some tomato can. bobby gunn? more like tommy gunn.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                This is not a competitive opponent for Adamek but the blame needs to lay on B-Hop's shoulder for that fight not happening. Dude priced himself out.
                why? he could have made more money fighting bhop. Bhop is the star, the big name, the hall of famer, the legend, of course he's going to make the majority of the money. Still, Adamek would have made more money than this fight and would have got his name heard even more, especially if he were to win.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  its official adamek is ducking hopkins. turns down a big payday to make peanuts fighting some tomato can. bobby gunn? more like tommy gunn.
                  Man, keep up with what's going on. Hopkins is my boy too, but the dude priced himself out of this fight. This is well-documented. Of course, Bobby Gunn is an absolute joke though, I agree about that.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    Exactly what I thought. A piece of **** like "daggum", who hates all European boxers, will blame this on Tomasz and ridicule him for it, even though he knows as well as we do it's not Adamek's fault.

Comment

Working...
                    X