No announcement yet.

Aoh vs. Rojas Deal is Reached For July 14 in Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aoh vs. Rojas Deal is Reached For July 14 in Japan

After a last minute agreement between promoters Akihiko Honda, president of Teiken in Japan , and Don King, Promoter of Elio Rojas, The mandatory WBC title defense fight between the feather WBC champion of the World Takahiro Aoh, Japan, and his challenger Elio Rojas, Dominican Republic, has been confirmed to take place in Tokyo, Japan on july 14, 2009. [details]

This'll be a tight fight. I wonder if Hasegawa is going to defend on the card also.

Comment

Aoh via UD

Comment

Originally posted by Wallstreet View Post
        Aoh via UD
        Rojas UD

Rojas is the best featherweight in the world.

Comment

warp1432 - Aoh is slated to defend his title on July 14 in Tokyo, while Hasegawa will be making his 9th defense on the same day at a different city, Kobe. There is also a WBA minimumweight world title bout between champion Roman Gonzalez and Katsunari Takayama in the same arena as Hasegawa's. Those bouts will be televized simultaneously both from Tokyo and Kobe.

Aoh said "Of all the WBA world champions in all weight divisions, I consider myself the weakest. I have to train train and train." Aoh's performance against Larios was wonderful, but Larios at the time had already been an aged shot fighter. This fight will be harder than the fight with then OPBF featherweight champion. Aoh hasn't done anything obvious to prove himself against a quality opponent. My pick. Aoh. Controversial split decision.

Comment

Well, good luck Rojas

Comment

This should be an interesting fight, Aoh is a pretty quick handed southpaw. Rojas has a nice long right hand and has good skills, the odds will be stacked against Rojas with the fight being in Japan though but I think he has what it takes to knock Aoh out, Rojas by TKO.

Comment

Working...
              X