Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carl Froch a Match for Joe Calzaghe? No Way!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Carl Froch a Match for Joe Calzaghe? No Way!

WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch fought the fight of his life against Jermain Taylor last Saturday, April 25th. He showed us his finest skills, and in doing so, Carl gave us enough evidence to suggest he would be no match for Joe Calzaghe, Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Mikkel Kessler and perhaps a few others. At least not yet. So Carl, stop calling out Joe Calzaghe - you can’t beat him. [details]

Why is Dawson being mentioned? I think the writer means "Carl Froch cannot beat any top Americans other than the one he beat the other night". He is just using Calzaghes name as a guise, to discredit Froch's win.

Comment

For once a writer on BS that isnt full of BS.

I agree with everything said.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
        Why is Dawson being mentioned? I think the writer means "Carl Froch cannot beat any top Americans other than the one he beat the other night". He is just using Calzaghes name as a guise, to discredit Froch's win.
        What about Kessler's name?

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post

To be fair he wouldnt beat Dawson or Hopkins.

Or

Calzaghe, Kessler and id add Bute.

Comment

froch can't beat ay of those guys - he can't beat bcalzaghe, dawson @ 175 or catchweight, kessler, hopkins heck id say that right now the likes of andrade and abraham would see froch as easy pickings.

the fighters he might be able to beat are bute who like taylor has stamina issues, miranda who is not exactly granite chinned himself and pavlik who is like miranda there to be hit.

Comment

Froch vs Andrade is the fight I want to see above anything else. That'd be brilliant and I'm really not sure who'd win. Probably Froch.

Comment

Froch is effective in his own way but he is very awkward, He tries to fight a bit like David Haye but doesn’t have the athletic ability or speed that Haye has.

Comment

Fight won't happen. If it did, Joe beats him handily imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
                    Froch is effective in his own way but he is very awkward, He tries to fight a bit like David Haye but doesn’t have the athletic ability or speed that Haye has.

thats it! i was tryna put my finger on who he's tryin to emulate, its Haye...but *** me was it a more awkward/nervous version...u need to b relaxed n confident to stick ur chin out n counter

Comment

Working...
                    X