No announcement yet.

Forbes vs. Davis Headlines The “Border War”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbes vs. Davis Headlines The “Border War”

GRAND RONDE, OR – Well known for his impressive 12-round bout with boxing icon Oscar De La Hoya, former International Boxing Federation (IBF) super featherweight champion, Steve Forbes (33-7, 9 KOs), of Portland, takes on hard-charging Jason Davis (11-2-1, 3 KOs), of Vancouver, in a 10-round welterweight main event. [details]

is it just me or is this article wayyyyy off

Comment

this dude forbes is fighting is garbage. I saw his fight that he had a draw with Darren Darby, a 4-8 fighter from my city. He got dropped in that fight. garbage.

Comment

Woah, what exactly was that?

Comment

I don't think this article even knows who Steve Forbes is? Brawl with Berto? Hardly. Winner of eight straight? Not even close.

Comment

LOL!! Slow news day in the boxing world. Who cares about Forbes fighting some nobody. I'm ashamed to even be posting on this topic and having wasted time reading the article. Let's talk about some real WWs.

Comment

Originally posted by rod_serrs View Post
              LOL!! Slow news day in the boxing world. Who cares about Forbes fighting some nobody. I'm ashamed to even be posting on this topic and having wasted time reading the article. Let's talk about some real WWs.
              What about the fans of Steve Forbes or the fans in Oregon who might want to go to the fight. You should think of them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Danger View Post
                What about the fans of Steve Forbes or the fans in Oregon who might want to go to the fight. You should think of them as well.
                There are fights in AC all the time where I live and they don't make headlines. Pardon me but I don't believe that the masses of boxing fans give two ****s about Forbes. However, I apologize to Forbes 'fans' (a.k.a his family and hometown friends) that I just don't think that a Forbes main event against some regional fighter is a big news.

Comment

Originally posted by ley23 View Post
                  I don't think this article even knows who Steve Forbes is? Brawl with Berto? Hardly. Winner of eight straight? Not even close.
                  It's not an article, it's a press release.

Comment

Originally posted by rod_serrs View Post
                    There are fights in AC all the time where I live and they don't make headlines. Pardon me but I don't believe that the masses of boxing fans give two ****s about Forbes. However, I apologize to Forbes 'fans' (a.k.a his family and hometown friends) that I just don't think that a Forbes main event against some regional fighter is a big news.
                    Well then, those promoters obviously have inadequate press agents. Perhaps there are fights that fans might want to go to that they can't attend because they don't know about. Unfortunate...

It's not "big news" but it's news. After all, he is a former champ who fought for a title in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X