No announcement yet.

Margarito Affair is Not The Only Scandal in Town

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito Affair is Not The Only Scandal in Town

By Michael Swann - The Dan Goossen/Robert Guerrero arbitration that was on the agenda of the February 10 meeting of the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) was considered to have been long ago settled. On February 5 we called an impeccable Golden Boy source on the matter and was advised that the purpose was merely to “rubber stamp” the decision. The source even went so far as to contact their attorney and called me back to assure me that the information that I was given was correct.

It made sense. After all, the matter was sent to the arbitrator, then Executive Director Armando Garcia, for determination on September 30. Also, two-time featherweight titlist Guerrero fought under the Golden Boy banner on the Margarito-Mosley undercard on January 24 without question.

But as it turns out the decision was far from a done deal, and in fact there is strong evidence to suggest that one of the commissioners should have recused himself because of long time dealings with Oscar De La Hoya, the president of Golden Boy. [details]

After the hearing, a livid Arum allegedly called Chappell a “Nazi,” according to several witnesses.

fcuking Arum

Comment

Originally posted by Crane-Nan View Post
      After the hearing, a livid Arum allegedly called Chappell a “Nazi,” according to several witnesses.

fcuking Arum
      Everybody knows the truth about Margarito, i hope that with the lab tests it can prove that it was used @ recent events so they can take that loss away from the ones who suffered plaster hands.

Comment

im sorry but i read the story and im still lost on what the hell this is about

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
          im sorry but i read the story and im still lost on what the hell this is about
          yeah dude....... me too.what the fxck was that all bout? was it trying to say GBP is buying someone off?

Comment

Originally posted by right2die View Post
            yeah dude....... me too.what the fxck was that all bout? was it trying to say GBP is buying someone off?
            The decision was compromised because of favoritism.

Comment

The writer of this poorly written article needs to reconsider their "calling"...

Comment

This article made feel like I was reading the Bible. I would read one or two lines, ponder it for a moment, read it again, still not absorb what it was trying to say, say **** it, skip a few lines and try to pick up somewhere that made some sort of sense before finally quitting full of disgust and accepting that it was all just a bunch of bunk.

Comment

when are they supose to comeback and have another hearing with the lab results for the margarito illegal hand wrap? does anyone know?

Comment

Made perfect sense to me, but then again Im an in house EEO defense attorney. In plain English-- the arbitration decision is tainted becuase of bias/the apperarance of bias by "the judge". In other words, "the judge" (or arbitrator) had too friendly a relationship with one of the parties to render a fair decision. YOu wouldn't want to sue somebody and find out that the person you're suing plays golf every weekend with the judge would you? That's the point.

Spot on with the Margarito comments too. I'm hoping that the reinistatement after one year is not simpy "automatic" -- and remains in place until Team Margarito tells the truth and admits responsibility. (ala Pete Rose's "ban" from baseball which can be reviewed). If Margs flouts the ban by fighting abroad, or doesn't come clean-- I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't be lifted. The one caveat I reserve which may change my mind? I'd still like to see what the test results say-- just what was the "foreign object" on the wraps? Any hardening agent and I say revisit the suspension and ban all involved for life. If it turns out to be nothing too serious, I say reinstate all after the one year.

Comment

Working...
                    X