No announcement yet.

Remembering The Legend Himself, Ingemar Johansson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering The Legend Himself, Ingemar Johansson

By Don Colgan - I was at my kitchen table listening to some sports radio on Saturday morning when I heard the news that Ingemar Johansson had died. I wasn’t entirely surprised. Ingemar has been afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease for nearly a decade, struggling between good days and bad, in sickness where decline and ultimately death is a virtual certainty. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Don Colgan - I was at my kitchen table listening to some sports radio on Saturday morning when I heard the news that Ingemar Johansson had died. I wasn’t entirely surprised. Ingemar has been afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease for nearly a decade, struggling between good days and bad, in sickness where decline and ultimately death is a virtual certainty. [details]
    Great read, rest in peace champ.

Comment

Ingemar had knocked out Henry Cooper with one punch, something even the great Ali couldn’t manage. [details]
      Ali wasn't a one-punch knock-out artist, so it's hardly surprising he couldn't manage it against Cooper. Other than the rematch with Liston, I don't think Ali knocked anyone out with one punch. Great article otherwise.

Comment

Ingemar and Floyd were tied together for history by three fights and separated in death by three years. Two individuals who showed class both in and out of the ring.

Comment

Working...
        X