No announcement yet.

A Heavyweight Look at The Klitschkos, Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heavyweight Look at The Klitschkos, Lennox Lewis

By John Hively - In March, former cruiserweight titlist and current heavyweight contender Juan Carlos Gomez will show us if Vitali Klitschko has anything left after a four-year layoff. Sure, Sam Peter was supposed to show us if Vitali had anything remaining, but he was made to order for the elder Klitschko brother. Peter stood in front of Vitali for nine rounds, presenting an easy target, taking a lot of punches, punching back ineffectively, and then quitting when it became obvious that he didn’t stand a chance of winning.
    [details]

LL was a great HW, but he needs to either put up or shut up...

Comment

???????

I have to say this article is pure bull, it consists of various boxing facts presented with no real valid opinion and stinks of a non-fight fan approach. Who actually vets the articles on here. To say Wlad will knock Haye out is ridiculous, Wlad has to be the one boxing for the first 5 rounds. he will be ****ting himself for until he manages to gain a rythum in this fight. Wlad has no leagacy, he will never have, there just is no real great quality HW fighters around at this point. This a nonsense piece of writing..............

Comment

Nice piece. Wladimir is the best of this era, and Haye will just be another victim.

Comment

sounds like chris hardy is having some problems.

cool article, nice (short) history lesson too. its cool to see boxing writers say some nice things about wlad.

dont hate him for the rahman fight though, there probably wasnt a better choice at the time, and the only reason that fight happened was because of the sanctioning body nonsense.

i just hope some contenders come up and allow wlad to prove to us fans if he is worthy of being mentioned with a few heavy-greats or not. i wish haye would be a little more proven, and id say wait a while on haye, but i am tired of hearing him talk! anyways there are still some worthy matches left for wlad -

arreola, haye, valuev, povetkin, dimitrenko (sp), and there will be another solid contender somewhere along the lines.

i just hope wlad knows when to quit, much like lewis did. maybe lewis shouldnt have fought that very last fight, it left a slightly bad taste in a few peoples mouths. the undisputed champ was very much disputed that night.

Comment

Originally posted by chrishardy View Post
            I have to say this article is pure bull, it consists of various boxing facts presented with no real valid opinion and stinks of a non-fight fan approach. Who actually vets the articles on here. To say Wlad will knock Haye out is ridiculous, Wlad has to be the one boxing for the first 5 rounds. he will be ****ting himself for until he manages to gain a rythum in this fight. Wlad has no leagacy, he will never have, there just is no real great quality HW fighters around at this point. This a nonsense piece of writing..............
            you make some good points
            Last edited by Mr. Philadel; 02-03-2009, 04:27 AM.

Comment

what aloud of bollocks this article is wvlad up ther with lewis how stupid can you get wvlad aint thought not one person whos a top fighter lewis was a diferent class wvlad wud lose to his brother easy if he was a round when the heavy weight div was rockin he wouldnt make the top 5 the likes of tyson holyfeild lewis bowe lewis beat in my mind to of the top ten heavys of all time tyson and holyfeid never ducked anyone bowe would have got it to but wud rather bin his belt than face the big man tyson might not have been that animal of a decade earlier but it was tyson none the less stil i mean killin machine who even at that point would beat klitchcko and haye stands a great chance he anoys me and dont deserve his shot yet but hes got speed and power and the confidence to boot top ten heavys joe louis muhamed ali rocky marcharnio larry holmes lennox lewis joe fraizer holyfeild george foreman mike tyson sonny liston

Comment

haha what a load of bull****,so much rubbish in this piece i dont know where 2 begin or even if i should bother.this bloke clearly is american with a biased view against british fighters-am i right?

Comment

Wlad has alot too do if he wants to match Lewis. The fighters in this era are terrible, no win atm hill help his legacy.

Comment

Lennox Lewis

Razor Ruddock
                    Evander Holyfield x2
                    David Tua
                    Gary Mason
                    Andrew Golota
                    Ray Mercer
                    Oliver McCall = Shot
                    Tony Tucker = Past his best
                    Tommy Morrison
                    Michael Grant
                    Francois Botha
                    Hasim Rahman
                    Vitali Klitschko
                    Mike Tyson = Shot
                    Zeljko Mavoric
                    Shannon Briggs
                    Frank Bruno
                    Tyrell Biggs = Past his best

15 combined title defenses

Wladimir Klitschko

Lamon Brewster = Shot
                    Hasim Rahman = Shot
                    Tony Thompson
                    Samuel Peter
                    Francois Botha = Past his best
                    Chris Byrd x2
                    Tony Thompson
                    Calvin Brock
                    Sulten Ibragimov
                    Ray Mercer = Shot
                    Derrick Jefferson
                    Monte Barrett
                    Axel Shulz = Shot
                    Jameel McCline

11 combined title defenses

I think Wladimir Klitschko has along way to go to reach Lennox Lewis, despite his impressive record its not a patch on Lennox Lewis's.

Comment

Working...
                    X