No announcement yet.

This Week in Boxing - Heads or Tails?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week in Boxing - Heads or Tails?

By Dave Sholler - From the fallout surrounding Antonio Margarito’s hand wraps to the Klitschko coin toss, let’s take a look at this week in boxing…

TEAM MARGARITO DENIES ANY WRONGDOING

Not surprisingly, many opinions on the Margarito-plaster wraps saga have surfaced since the Mexican lost his WBA title to Shane Mosley last Saturday. Most have questioned whether Margarito intentionally cheated, while others dug deeper and pondered whether or not the fighter has made a career out of such practices.

For us, we must take the right approach and allow California state officials to conduct a thorough investigation before blasting Margarito. We think “The Tijuana Tornado” – temporarily suspended while the CSAC conducts its investigation - has been a standup individual in his career and we want to hear “guilty” before we crush him.

Still, we must ask a major question. Is the pre-fight wrap screening process fool proof? One retired fighter, who asked to remain nameless, told us earlier this week that the atmosphere in a fighter’s locker room during the hand wrapping process is “like being at a bar.” He added that athletic commission officials in certain states are more concerned with “BS-ing” than watching the actual wrapping. [details]

For the hand wrapping... why not just televise it? let people see how's it done.

Comment

now i knew why margarito countered with a smile everytime mosley landed big right hand in margarito's head. maybe margarito thought that once he connect his own, with his "gauze-wrap hands" it will slow down mosley.

unfortunately for him, mosley is too quick to get hit!

Comment

I'm pullin for Marg to come out clean, but **** him if he's guilty of doin this **** before.

Either of the K Bros KO's Haye, but they'd both probably be dramatic fights, so I'm cool wit either.

SSM-Clottey sounds ****in ill. I hope it happens.

Nate ain't got a gimme wit Funeka, but I think he wins an excitin fight on points.

**** this dumb ***** for ****in wit Pac's paper. Between that and this kidnappin ****, Pac's got it bad right now.

Ward's bitin off more than he can chew wantin to move up to go after Glen imo, but it's a good fight. Same wit Berto against Cotto.

Vic-Arce should be a war, but no way Arce stops Vic. He can outwork him for a decision, but I think he gets stopped in the mid rds. Good ****in read.

Comment

I'm telling, I'm glue to every article written about the Margo scandal. Part of me doesn't want to believe his was willing to cheat in order to keep his title. But you never know, maybe that's the extra something he needed to compete in such level. If so, then there will be no pity of simpaty from this fan. If he comes out clean from this... I'm afraid his rep will still be tarnished.

Shane did a fantastic job... I guess that in retrospect, I was so amazed my Margo's performance against Cotto that I overlooked Shane's strengths. He made Margo look ordinary, to the point of having me wonder why Cotto performed the way he did... maybe there is something to the laoded wraps... you see I'm already questioning his past performances and if you think I'm bad, well wait until the rest of the Puertorican dog pound goes loose on Margos reputations, there will be nothing left.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
            Shane did a fantastic job... I guess that in retrospect, I was so amazed my Margo's performance against Cotto that I overlooked Shane's strengths. He made Margo look ordinary, to the point of having me wonder why Cotto performed the way he did... maybe there is something to the laoded wraps... you see I'm already questioning his past performances and if you think I'm bad, well wait until the rest of the Puertorican dog pound goes loose on Margos reputations, there will be nothing left.....
            the difference between the fights, margrito was packing int he cotto and not in the mosley, props to mosley's trainer

Comment

Originally posted by streetthrowback View Post
              the difference between the fights, margrito was packing int he cotto and not in the mosley, props to mosley's trainer
              you just said it all

Comment

lol omg, if u where the few to watch the espn convo with mosley, lol u would know that margrito, is F***ed, mosley said that it looked like knuckle pads, that him and his doc scraped pices off and flakes came of the substance and his doc said it was plaster of paris right away, lol margrito is F***ed, now i know he deff used it in other fights, thats wrong and i hope they give him a serious punshment, stuff like this kills the sport, i love boxing too much to see anyone get hurt, thats intentional and its wrong

Comment

Working...
                X