No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Cotto, Forrest-Williams: Bouts We Need in 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao-Cotto, Forrest-Williams: Bouts We Need in 2009

By Dave Sholler - So you’ve finished cleaning up the shards of wrapping paper that the kids sprinkled throughout the house. Your wife, tired of seeing needles on the floor, has already tossed the Christmas tree to the curb. And you? You’re already taking down the decorations that once clogged up your winter wonderland of a yard.

For all intents and purposes, the holidays are over. No more traffic jams near the mall or shoppers lining up at 3 a.m. to bum rush the doors at Wal-Mart. No more Christmas trees or jingle bells either.

As we gather on this Dec. 26, all that’s left is credit card debt, empty pockets, and a few ugly sweaters. Ever the eternal optimists, we at BoxingScene have just the right recipe to help you overcome that holiday hangover though.

With the New Year upon us, let’s take a look at four gifts we’d like to receive by next Christmas, all of which involve the sweet science. With preparations for 2009 already beginning, here are four bouts we’d like to have under our tree by December 2009. [details]

I don't like Forrest fighting style too much. I don't wanna see him versus Willams, just another pointless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Dave Sholler - So you’ve finished cleaning up the shards of wrapping paper that the kids sprinkled throughout the house. Your wife, tired of seeing needles on the floor, has already tossed the Christmas tree to the curb. And you? You’re already taking down the decorations that once clogged up your winter wonderland of a yard.

For all intents and purposes, the holidays are over. No more traffic jams near the mall or shoppers lining up at 3 a.m. to bum rush the doors at Wal-Mart. No more Christmas trees or jingle bells either.

As we gather on this Dec. 26, all that’s left is credit card debt, empty pockets, and a few ugly sweaters. Ever the eternal optimists, we at BoxingScene have just the right recipe to help you overcome that holiday hangover though.

With the New Year upon us, let’s take a look at four gifts we’d like to receive by next Christmas, all of which involve the sweet science. With preparations for 2009 already beginning, here are four bouts we’d like to have under our tree by December 2009. [details]
      Not bad Matchups. How about Margarito vs Pavlik? You left Margarito out. And he is as exciting to watch as the next guy!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
        I don't like Forrest fighting style too much. I don't wanna see him versus Willams, just another pointless fight.

I agree. Plus they both have the same manager and Vernon would never fight a good southpaw anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Cotto vs Pacquiao? Wow that would be explosive..

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
            Cotto vs Pacquiao? Wow that would be explosive..
            Yes sir! I bet both gets cuts in the fight. This would be a slugfest bro. Damn!!!!!!!!

Comment

cotto vs pac would be good , but cotto stops him late

Comment

Cotto would KO Pac at 147... too much power for Pac to handle, plus Cotto is still young, fast enough and good technical wise - this is a obvious mismatch.

Comment

I think they are all pointless fights except for Williams-Forrest because that starts a new lineal champ and gives 154 a much needed champ. That and it hopefully gets Forrest off the scene.

Still, they are mostly poinless fights. Sure you have Hopkins beating Valuev, but really what does that mean when 46 "I'm shot to pieces" Holyfield beat him [unoffcially].

Pacquiao-Cotto would be good money, but really what does that gives us besides probably an entertaining fight that Cotto wins? **** even if Pacquiao did win, there would be even more pressure for a Margarito-Manny, which isn't happening.

Pacquiao needs to fight people more his own size. Cotto is more so his height, but he is much physically bigger. Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be a smaller size difference then Cotto vs Pacquiao would imo.

Comment

cotto is too big for paq. forrest/pwill is a good fight but money marg/pwill is a better fight

Comment

Working...
                    X