No announcement yet.

Holiday Wishes For Your Favorite Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Wishes For Your Favorite Boxers

By Dave Sholler - It’s that time of year again. Somewhere in New York City, BoxingScene boss Rick Reeno is scouring stores and buying last minute gifts. Deep in the heart of Tennessee, managing editor Jake Donovan is probably doing much of the same.

Like my editors, I too am rounding out my holiday shopping requirements. As I write this, I am already planning on standing in line at Macy’s in Southern New Jersey tonight. After all, Macy’s is my lady’s best friend. Following the Macy’s trip, it’s off to Target to grab some gift cards and other Christmas knick-knacks. Ah, the life of a last minute shopper. Ain’t it grand?

Speaking of grand, 2008 was a solid year of boxing. We had super fights between Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya, Roy Jones and Joe Calzaghe, and Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

We had upsets like Bernard Hopkins win over Kelly Pavlik, the rise of stars like Juan Manuel Lopez, and great fights between the likes of Tomasz Adamek and Steve Cunningham, too. All in all, there was little to complain about this year.

As we prepare to wrap up our presents and the year in boxing, we’d be foolish not to reveal some of the gifts we’d like to give our favorite boxers this time of year. From dream matches to protective gear, let’s take a look at what BoxingScene is giving some of the sport’s competitors this holiday season. [details]

Haha great article, i love it

Comment

David Haye's on the naughty list lol Does this mean that every1 whose been bad this year is gonna get a spanking from Klitschko instead of a lump of coal? I might behave next year...

Comment

I'd like to send Oscar De La Hoya a years free pass to James Toney's favorite restaurant

Comment

I'd throw Winky Wright in the retirement catergory as well.

Comment

Dawson lost to glen johnson---

another short sighted hack article by a guy who deosn't want the hand that feeds him to bite it

Comment

Originally posted by schizzleE View Post
              another short sighted hack article by a guy who deosn't want the hand that feeds him to bite it
              You shouldn't throw stones, wiseass. Especially when one cannot understand what you are attempting to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
                You shouldn't throw stones, wiseass. Especially when one cannot understand what you are attempting to say.
                Lol I didnt understand that either.

Comment

Working...
                X