No announcement yet.

De La Hoya Needs a Knockout Win To Sustain Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya Needs a Knockout Win To Sustain Career

By Dave Sholler - “There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between.” – Legendary NBA coach Pat Riley [details]

Real talk. He looks bad enuf for this without carryin Pac to the cards.

Comment

yup.......... alot of mexicans dont like him cause of this choice fight.........
      alot of peeps hate him......

Comment

he doesn't need a ko, he just needs a win. you have to look at this from a casual fans perspective, and most casual fans think pacquiao is the best boxer in the world and if dlh even takes him to the cards, they will see it as a big accomplishment. the casual fans are the meat of the boxing market.

Comment

Do me a favour Oscar and make it between the 7th and 9th rounds.

Comment

he should get him out of there with 8rd. Anything more will be tuff

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              he doesn't need a ko, he just needs a win. you have to look at this from a casual fans perspective, and most casual fans think pacquiao is the best boxer in the world and if dlh even takes him to the cards, they will see it as a big accomplishment. the casual fans are the meat of the boxing market.
              Most casual fans don't even know who Pacquiao is. Years ago when I was just a casual fans and Tyson fought Lewis, I had no idea who Lewis was. It didn't matter to me if Lewis was a bum or the reigning heavyweight champ, all I wanted to see was Tyson kill someone. That's what the casual fans want. I agree with the writer of this article, in a fight that DLH should win based on all his attributes, he needs a KO, period.

Comment

De la hoya is a joke, would be really bad for boxing if de la hoya knocks manny out, cause then well have him fighting another small guy in hatton next year. il be rooting for manny

Comment

Nah, all he needs is a win in a good fight and that should be enough to move him along to his next big PPV event against probably Ricky Hatton.

A loss on the other hand would probably send him into early retirement, although that may not be enoug considering his fan base, I'm sure he could still broker a big fight.

Say he loses, and then decides to go afer Margarito or Cotto at welterweight. YOu guys don't think both of those guys would jump at the chance to fight Oscar?

Comment

It will all work out

If DeLaHoya wins big, Mayweather will come out of retirement for the rematch at 147. We'll still get Manny v. Ricky at 140, a much better fight to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X