No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman Sparring With Urbano Antillion, Looking Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan Guzman Sparring With Urbano Antillion, Looking Good

LOS ANGELES – Joan Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs) continues to leave his sparring partners gassed and looking for the exits. On this occasion, from the Maywood Gym in Los Angeles, undefeated super featherweight Urbano Antillion (24-0, 17 KOs) got a taste of what it’s like to be in the ring with a two-division world champion. [details]

man, guzman blew his career because of his stupidity
    i love the guys style and hes the best boxer out there right now (pure skills), but he ****ed himself and i dont think hell land any big fights
    hes turning 32 and hes ****in **** up..

Comment

Guzman's talented as hell, I just think the hardest thing for him is the mental aspect of boxing, which is HUGE. If he can get his head right he can be unstoppable but thats not an easy thing to do. And you neve know until you fight, you can think and say you do but you wont know until you find yourself in a situation that tests it. Guzman pulling out of so many fights in the past really shows mental weakness to me, but I also get the feeling after the Campbell mess he has decided to man up and believes he really needs to prove himself now.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        LOS ANGELES – Joan Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs) continues to leave his sparring partners gassed and looking for the exits. On this occasion, from the Maywood Gym in Los Angeles, undefeated super featherweight Urbano Antillion (24-0, 17 KOs) got a taste of what it’s like to be in the ring with a two-division world champion. [details]
        too little too late i'm afraid.

Comment

And I thought a video would be attached to this article......im disapointed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Queensdawg View Post
            man, guzman blew his career because of his stupidity
            i love the guys style and hes the best boxer out there right now (pure skills), but he ****ed himself and i dont think hell land any big fights
            hes turning 32 and hes ****in **** up..
            I hate agreeing with you, but I do. His career has been badly managed the last 4,5 years and not only is he 32, he has like 300+ amateur fights, which means he probably doesn't have much mileage left.
            Originally posted by RTS View Post
            Guzman's talented as hell, I just think the hardest thing for him is the mental aspect of boxing, which is HUGE. If he can get his head right he can be unstoppable but thats not an easy thing to do. And you neve know until you fight, you can think and say you do but you wont know until you find yourself in a situation that tests it. Guzman pulling out of so many fights in the past really shows mental weakness to me, but I also get the feeling after the Campbell mess he has decided to man up and believes he really needs to prove himself now.
            I agree with the last part, but he shouldn't be held responsible for all of the canceled fights in his career. Guzman could have easily been a 3 division champ if it wasn't for Scot Harrison having all his drug, alcohol, mental, problems which postponed their fights. Also, Frank Warren postponing and effectively buying Alex Arthur the 130 pound title.

Comment

Yeah that sucks, Guzman had his chance to become a name though, but he blew it.

Comment

Who Cares

wHO CARES .GUZMAN NEEDS TO PROVE SOMETHING SOON BEFORE HE FALLS OFF THE BOXING PLANET. ALMOST EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD SPARRING.

Comment

Yawn... no one will ever be interested after no showing a championship level fight.

Comment

Guzmans trainer Robert Garcia, is he the former jr.lightweight champion from Oxnard? Or same name differnt person?

Comment

Working...
                    X