No announcement yet.

Boxing Radio: The KO Cafe - Episode Number Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Radio: The KO Cafe - Episode Number Three

Tuesday’s addition of the KO Cafe with Keith Terceira and Ryan ******** features Undefeated Heavyweight Kevin “KingPin” Johnson (21-0, 8KO’s) who discusses David Haye, Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko, as well as his thoughts on the injustice of Evander Holyfield and Hasim Rahman getting title shots. Peter Manfredo Jr.

Marshall Kauffman, trainer for two time heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman (45-6-2, 36KO’s) stops in to discuss how training is going for Rahman’s title shot against Wladimir and what Rahman’s thoughts are about things written in the media after his fight was stopped against James Toney

Peter Manfredo Jr.(31-5,16KO’s) stops in to chat on this weekends fight with Sakio Bika (26-3-2, 16KO’s) for the vacant IBO super-middleweight World Title. This weeks guest analyst is California Hall of Fame trainer Jesse Reid who drops a couple of bombshells on the show, one of which is his feeling that it is an embarrassment that Roy Jones Jr. is even getting paid for last weekend’s bout with Joe Calzaghe. Also Reid feels that Sam Peter’s loss to Vitali Klitschko had more to do with who Don King placed in the Peter training team than with Peter himself, though Reid felt that Peter didn’t strike him as being big on heart when they worked together.

Of course Ryan makes Keith eat crow in regards to his prediction that Roy Jones Jr. would win against Calzaghe [details]

I know people have to be feeling the Beatnuts intro lol.

Comment

Keep em' coming guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
        I know people have to be feeling the Beatnuts intro lol.
        I disagree that Roy's motivatation has waned in the pat few years. If anything, he found more reason than ever to get up for another fight. He even admitted to having constantly lost focus during his prime, because of a lack of challenge. What happened when he went over the hill? The drive came back. It would have been a lot easier for him to hang it up after he losing streak.

Comment

Good show again guys, Jesse Reid made some good points, although I don't agree about Jones just wanting to make it the distance, I think he really wanted to win but his body just couldn't do it anymore, Kevin Johnson is a funny guy.

Comment

Cool, downloading now.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
              I disagree that Roy's motivatation has waned in the pat few years. If anything, he found more reason than ever to get up for another fight. He even admitted to having constantly lost focus during his prime, because of a lack of challenge. What happened when he went over the hill? The drive came back. It would have been a lot easier for him to hang it up after he losing streak.
              The proof is in the pudding. Jones walked through fire in the first Tarver fight and won. In the third fight with Tarver and the Johnson and Calzaghe fights, we saw him fight very cautiously and seldom make a pretense at winning the fights.

I believe the drive to come back has been more financially, than intrinsically, driven.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                The proof is in the pudding. Jones walked through fire in the first Tarver fight and won. In the third fight with Tarver and the Johnson and Calzaghe fights, we saw him fight very cautiously and seldom make a pretense at winning the fights.

I believe the drive to come back has been more financially, than intrinsically, driven.
                i disagree i think he definitely wanted to win the fight... just the body couldnt keep up with the mind

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  i disagree i think he definitely wanted to win the fight... just the body couldnt keep up with the mind
                  I'm just following patterns here. He fought the same way in the third Tarver fight, did enough to razzle dazzle without sticking his chin out too far. If you don't lead, you can't get countered. I saw a guy throw one punch at a time and never take any chances. Not too long ago he had an easier target in Tito and he was moving like a piston.

Comment

Jesse Reid had some interesting things to say

Comment

Working...
                    X