No announcement yet.

Taylor vs. Lacy: Jermain Looking To Win The Fight Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor vs. Lacy: Jermain Looking To Win The Fight Big

MIAMI - The fight that could define his career in the super middleweight division is less than month away, and news from Jermain Taylor's camp in Miami, Florida is very good. It's good, that is, unless you ask Jeff Lacy, Jermain Taylor's opponent for the November 15th fight "All Or Nothing". HBO World Championship Boxing will televise the bout from Memorial Gymnasium on the campus of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee (10:15pm ET / 9:15pm CT / 7:15pm PT). [details]

I wonder if him sparring too much could be the cause for his stamina and workrate issues.

Comment

They both need to win this fight pretty badly. Lacy more-so than Taylor. If Lacy loses this one, he's done. He'd be lucky to get a spot on FNF on ESPN after that.

I think Taylor will beat him up and maybe knock him out.

Comment

I don't think Lacy will have much to offer. Jermain is the bigger puncher of the two, I think Lacy lost alot of his power. Handspeed, jab, footwork, power, fast combinations.. Lacy will get destroyed by Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          I wonder if him sparring too much could be the cause for his stamina and workrate issues.
          I think Jermain will have improved his stamina. But Lacy is not known for great stamina himself, so it would not play a huge factor if they were both gassed out like it did against Pavlik's pressure.

Comment

agreed, that is ALOT of sparring, not necessarily too much, depending on how hard it is, but 12 rounds a day is a huge number.

Jermain should win this, although i dont really understand the move to SMW to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
              I think Jermain will have improved his stamina. But Lacy is not known for great stamina himself, so it would not play a huge factor if they were both gassed out like it did against Pavlik's pressure.
              It may not play a huge factor in this fight but it will in the future, maybe you're right, maybe he has improved his stamina, we'll find out soon if that is the case.

Comment

Jermain is a gentleman. Perfect representative for the sport.

So is Jeff for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  It may not play a huge factor in this fight but it will in the future, maybe you're right, maybe he has improved his stamina, we'll find out soon if that is the case.
                  I hope he did, I really like Jermain.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                    I hope he did, I really like Jermain.
                    He'd be a much more dangerous fighter if he improves his stamina, hopefully he has.

Comment

Working...
                    X