No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye in Talks For Next June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye in Talks For Next June

David Haye is in advanced negotiations to fight Wladimir Kltischko, his manager and trainer Adam Booth has revealed. According to Booth the fight will take place in the summer of 2009, depending on whether Haye and Kltischko can overcome their next opponents. In an interview on Setanta Sports News during Steve Bunce’s Boxing Hour Booth admitted ‘we’ve had communication’. [details]

They both better not overlook their respective opponents, they are both live underdogs.

Comment

This talk is way too premature and I don't agree with Haye getting a shot so fast, but at least it keeps things spiced up. Vitali can go after Valuev and Haye can get his 15 mins. of fame before getting steamrolled by Wlads jab en route to a devastating KO. Much like the Povetkin fight will end, unless he can take a better punch than I anticipate. The heavies are back in the house!

Comment

Id watch this on ppv...Povetkin is so overrated...He gets koed as for Barrett...that wont be so easy..

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
          This talk is way too premature and I don't agree with Haye getting a shot so fast, but at least it keeps things spiced up. Vitali can go after Valuev and Haye can get his 15 mins. of fame before getting steamrolled by Wlads jab en route to a devastating KO. Much like the Povetkin fight will end, unless he can take a better punch than I anticipate. The heavies are back in the house!
          That's a good point. If this deal is landed it's far more likely Vitali will land Valuev. So that's kinda good news.

Thing is surely more people would want Haye to beat Wlad then to get some belts of the Klits? Then Vitali would beat Haye, all huge fights, divisions unified again with a good champ who goes out on top.

Comment

Haye should fight one more heavyweight before trying his luck with Wladimir.

But it's best for Wladimir to fight him sooner rather than later. Wlad will be age 33 in a few months, and like many fighters, he may start to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
              That's a good point. If this deal is landed it's far more likely Vitali will land Valuev. So that's kinda good news.

Thing is surely more people would want Haye to beat Wlad then to get some belts of the Klits? Then Vitali would beat Haye, all huge fights, divisions unified again with a good champ who goes out on top.
              Being a big Vitali fan, I prefer him claiming back his "Ring" title, but I feel like he tones down his accomplishments just enough for Wlad to maintain the credit Vitali wants him to enjoy. Vit controls this with razor fine accuracy, as shown by allowing Wlad to establish himself before returning to the spotlight to reclaim the WBC title. I feel like I always have with Vitali being better, but it's hard to rank him above Wlad who has unified at this time. IMO, Vitali would be ranked #1 , Ring or otherwise if he gets the other belt based on those 2 belts being the oldest and being held by the tougher competition. Any way you look at it, they will both have mandatories and they need to focus on that at the moment.

Comment

Haye's rushing into this too soon. I'd say he needs at least another year before taking a shot at Wlad, but whatever, should be interesting and I will happily give Dave the benefit of the doubt.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I hope Monte Barrrett spoils Haye's shot at Klitschko by KTFO! Monte's probably using all this talk to motivate himself....

Comment

Monte is a solid fighter and if hes focused on the task he do some trouble, hes got tons of experience and Haye isnt just gona walk over him its going to be tougher then that. If Hayes wants to screw his career up by taking on Wlad if he gets past Barrett then why not, I just wanna see what excuses hell have for talking so much **** when he gets run over by Wlad

Comment

Working...
                    X