Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Vitali's Return Block Wlad's Possible "Ring" Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Vitali's Return Block Wlad's Possible "Ring" Title?

By John Hively - The successful return of Vitali Klitschko may be giving the folks at Ring Magazine a few extra thoughts.
    [details]

So what? Wlad runs **** at HW. VK helps him out.

Comment

Wlad should already have the ring belt! Wlad is the top HW on the planet hands down Vitali aint doin' **** but holdin' Wlad back from totally dominating the division!

Comment

He might be able to fill the vacancy should he beat Chagaev.

In some instances (V. Klit-Sanders, Calzaghe-Lacy), vacancies have been filled by #1 vs. #3.

Wlad-Chagaev was always a better matchup to me than Wlad-Peter 2, regardless of what HBO was trying to push.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
          He might be able to fill the vacancy should he beat Chagaev.

In some instances (V. Klit-Sanders, Calzaghe-Lacy), vacancies have been filled by #1 vs. #3.

Wlad-Chagaev was always a better matchup to me than Wlad-Peter 2, regardless of what HBO was trying to push.
          Problem is, it would seem more likely that Vitali would fight Chagaev than Wladimir. That way, they would have two belts apiece. In order for Wladimir to get the ring belt, assuming they win their fights, Wlad would have to beat Povetkin, Vitali would have to beat Chagaev, the ratings get shifted around a bit, and maybe Wlad beats Valuev, who would be rated #3. Anyway, it might be awhile before any of this happens. Ring belt or not, I think the world recognizes the Klitschko brothers as the #1 and #2 heavyweights in the world. Everyone in the heavyweight division will also want to fight them, since they're both prestigious names, and the biggest money in the division. But first, Wladimir vs. Povetkin.

Comment

The real problem is that Wlad and Vitali will never fight--and I think we all know that Vitali would win quite easily. I also think I speak for most people when I say that I'd rather see Vitali fight the other top HW as soon as possible since he is injury prone and old and doesn't have many years left.

Comment

Maybe it will, VK is ten times the fighter Wlad is!!! How easy did he beat Sam!!!

Comment

isn't Chagaev probably going after Valuev once healthy?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  By John Hively - The successful return of Vitali Klitschko may be giving the folks at Ring Magazine a few extra thoughts.
                  [details]
                  Nice to read a good article about the heavyweight division like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                    Nice to read a good article about the heavyweight division like this one.
                    i agree, i enjoyed this article not the usual negative outlook on heavyweight division

Comment

Working...
                    X