No announcement yet.

Sultan Ibragimov Parts Ways With Jeff Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan Ibragimov Parts Ways With Jeff Mayweather

In the wake of his one-sided decision loss to IBF/WBO champ Wladimir Klitschko back in February, former heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov has informed BoxingScene.com that he won't retain the services of trainer Jeff Mayweather, uncle of Floyd Mayweather Jr. [details]

Poor Jeff.

Comment

Good news!

I liked the Sultan Ibragimov who fought Cole and Whitaker a lot more than the boring Mayweather version who fought Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
        Good news!

I liked the Sultan Ibragimov who fought Cole and Whitaker a lot more than the boring Mayweather version who fought Wladimir.
        THink maybe he fougt like that against Wladimir because Wladimir isnt Lance "Goofi/Mount/Gimmie a break you gotta be ****in ****tin me" Whitaker? Ibragimov woulda got KO'd being agressive against Klitschko. He just isnt all that great a fighter. He looked good against Briggs.. who cant even throw 10 punches a round anymore.

Comment

True, but I was unhappy that people were blaming Wlad for it being a boring fight, when it was Sultan who was making it dull.

Sultan had Briggs hurt in a late round, but then backed away instead of trying to finish him off, and the same in his Holyfield fight. Mayweather had instructed him to go for decisions instead of KOs, but Sultan has decent power and may have stopped Briggs and Evander.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            THink maybe he fougt like that against Wladimir because Wladimir isnt Lance "Goofi/Mount/Gimmie a break you gotta be ****in ****tin me" Whitaker? Ibragimov woulda got KO'd being agressive against Klitschko. He just isnt all that great a fighter. He looked good against Briggs.. who cant even throw 10 punches a round anymore.
            Ya, but at least we would have seen a good fight instead of 10 rounds of hand slapping. If Ibragimov was the aggressor in that fight, went all out and got knocked out, he would have a lot more respect today than he does now.

Comment

Ibragimov needs to go back to his old aggressive style

Comment

Working...
              X