No announcement yet.

JD Chapman Furious, Denies Haye Fight Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Chapman Furious, Denies Haye Fight Agreement

Last night undefeated, top-ten ranked, Arkansas heavyweight J.D. Chapman (29-0, 26ko’s) left his Florida residence and is driving back to his Mansfield home. According to sources close to Chapman, who've spoken several times to the young heavyweight in the last few days - Chapman is both furious and dejected over recent events surrounding his passing on the David Haye fight. [details]

should have taken the Sam peter fight and the $600,000.

Comment

Haye's a piece of ****, he's all talk. Negotiations with Mercer only makes is funnier.

Comment

Wow! What a drag. J.D. is a fine young man and a promising prospect and if the details of this story are correct, I don't blame him for being pissed.

Don't let them get you down, J. D., and good luck in your career.

Comment

100G's to fight Haye ain't all that bad. I can't believe dude ain't in shape though, that's why I respect fighters who train year round. Not guys who get a fight 8 weeks in advance and then start training and it's guys like this in these situations who get ****ed. Chambers, Johnson an Arreola are dudes that train year round and when they say I'll fight anyone anytime they mean that **** cuz anytime means you call them tomorrow for a fight next week they gonna take it. JD don't get my respect for sayin he ain't in shape, dog you a professional athlete on a damn big stage! This is what you fought those 29 fights for, for this! Ain't no bigger stage for an Arkansas boy to fight on.

Comment

An undefeated white American Heavyweight has no need whatever to travel overseas where he can easily be robbed of a decision.

There is plenty of paydays right here in the US for Chapman.

This whole thing smells funny...

Comment

He wont get robbed by decision, he will get his a$$ knocked out

Comment

WTF???
                he probably never seen $140,000 in his life! why not take the cash??
                he will get expenses paid and stuff to go england.

i would get knocked cold for $140,000 cuz thats what gonna happen to whoever Haye fights

Comment

Why not take the fight?

Because here is a 25 year old kid in a division that doesn't mature until thirty

who if moved correctly can be fighting for millions and his promoter risks that for peanuts.

1. Chapman has never been on a stage so large in his career.

2. never fought a fighter even close to Haye's experience

3. Never faced the spectical that the English media will swarm upon him.

4. Has to jump from C level fighters to a A level Champion

5. Isn't getting paid what the fight is worth.

Looks like his promoter thinks it was worth the risk without talking with the guy that has to step into the ring.

Comment

This haye fight situation is getting more and more stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X