No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman May Receive Wrist Slap From Old Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan Guzman May Receive Wrist Slap From Old Laws

BoxingScene.com has confirmed through sources that according to the Mississippi legal code, Jon Lewis’ hands may be tied when it comes to fining Joan Guzman. Guzman failed to make weight and ultimately pulled out completely from his title fight with champion Nate Campbell last Saturday. [details]

damn floyd sr already knew the fight was a no go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey according to some... "That ****(500 dollar fine) is gonna make a pretty little dent in his wallet"...

Comment

Guzman will pay when promoters and TV networks refuse to do business with him. It's not like he was in classic fights like Castillo was. He will simply be blackballed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Guzman will pay when promoters and TV networks refuse to do business with him. It's not like he was in classic fights like Castillo was. He will simply be blackballed.
          Yep, exactly. Also, lawsuits are going to fly soon and that will also be a big issue. Not to mention, training costs, all of those other expenses that were supposed to be taken care of with his purse.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
            damn floyd sr already knew the fight was a no go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            yup. no wonder he was not so confident in guzman.

Comment

I'm glad he is only gonna get fined 500 dollars.. though I'm angry and disappointed at Guzman, hella people have been **** talking him and hating on him since this happened.
              This will only make them more bitter and angry..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Originally posted by Sweet Revenge View Post
                Yep, exactly. Also, lawsuits are going to fly soon and that will also be a big issue. Not to mention, training costs, all of those other expenses that were supposed to be taken care of with his purse.
                I agree with you two, other fighters and networks will be very hesitant to deal with him again and he still has to pay for all the training costs.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                  What I want to know is how the **** could he not make the weight.
                  I'm asking myself this very question.

Comment

Working...
                  X