No announcement yet.

Nikolai Valuev Says December 13 Return More Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikolai Valuev Says December 13 Return More Likely

Fresh off his unanimous decision win over John Ruiz in Germany, newly crowned WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev has informed BoxingScence.com that he will likely return to the ring on December 13, and not December 12 as reported in several circles. Valuev will take one more fight before a rematch with the only man to beat him, Ruslan Chagaev, which will take place some point in 2009. [details]

I don't care if he's fighting Dominik Jenkins, PUT VALUEV ON TV!!!!!!

Comment

I think Valuev is gonna fight Dimitrenko however Meehan or Bidienko could come in. Dimitrenko seems like the safe bet after his win over Hoffmann and Rossy to boost him in the WBO ranks. Meehan I would rather see go against Valuev cuz he's been lookin real good lately even though he's 38.

Comment

Nikolai Valuev is not a good fighter, he nearly lost to john ruiz in his last fight and I don't think ruiz is a good heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          I don't care if he's fighting Dominik Jenkins, PUT VALUEV ON TV!!!!!!
          why? hes a boring horrible fighter. the only reason he wins is because of his size and weight. hes an overrated joke.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
            I think Valuev is gonna fight Dimitrenko however Meehan or Bidienko could come in. Dimitrenko seems like the safe bet after his win over Hoffmann and Rossy to boost him in the WBO ranks. Meehan I would rather see go against Valuev cuz he's been lookin real good lately even though he's 38.
            I doubt it'll be Dimitrenko, it'll most likely be one of King's fighters. I don't know who's promoting Meehan but if it's not King - then forget it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Golota in there again.

Comment

It will likely be a Don King fighter ranked by the WBA: Meehan, Williamson, or Carl Davis Drumond.

Golota is fighting in China in November, so it likely won't be him.

I'd prefer to see Dimitrenko, K. Johnson or Bidenko have the opportunity.

Comment

fight Wlad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on December 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  fight Wlad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on December 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  This is one of the few times I've ever agreed with you on anything.

I'd like to see Wlad vs. either Haye or Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                    This is one of the few times I've ever agreed with you on anything.

I'd like to see Wlad vs. either Haye or Valuev.
                    No Valuev should just wait for Chagaev to heal so Chagaev can beat him and then boom he's done for the rest of his life. Chagaev fights the mandatory so after he should fight winner of Klit/Peter. Need some unification goin on here.

Comment

Working...
                    X